Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game this Friday, July 22nd!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, July 22nd at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-in from 5:15 pm until 6:00 pm and a shooters meeting immediately afterwards to explain the rules and to form squads. You must be in-line by 6:00 pm and you must attend the Shooter's Meeting in order to shoot. If you are late you will not be allowed to shoot. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry, if our capacity allows (typically 50 shooters or less).

For more info, please check out our website at:

MCFG Indy Range - Friday Night Steel

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Check out our new Facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friday-Night-Steel/201915636486226

You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts at Café press

Friday Night Steel Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help with setup. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Help tear down your stage at the end of the match.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Volunteer Positions for this Friday

Here's the volunteer positions we'll need to fill for this Friday:

Match Director: Don Parks
    Assistant Match Director: Chuck Bjork
    Sign In: Need someone to help sign in, must be on site by about 5:00 pm
    Scorekeeper: Need someone to tabulate scores after the match
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience):
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing.​

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's the volunteer positions we'll need to fill for this Friday:

Match Director: Don Parks
    Assistant Match Director: Chuck Bjork
    Sign In: Need someone to help sign in, must be on site by about 5:00 pm
    Scorekeeper: Need someone to tabulate scores after the match
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience): Dom1104,
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing.​

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For some one just getting in to this, can they come and watch?
    Thanks
    Doug

You can watch, but you will want to participate after the first 10 minutes. Just bring a gun, ammo, holster, and be ready to have fun. :welcome:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    You can watch, but you will want to participate after the first 10 minutes. Just bring a gun, ammo, holster, and be ready to have fun. :welcome:

You must also bring eye and ear protection and $10 or $15 . It's lots of fun and everyone is very helpful to new shooters.

For some one just getting in to this, can they come and watch?
    Thanks
    Doug

If you need mags or other equipment for your gun, chances are someone will help you out if they have the equipment.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'll be there Friday and if anyone needs extra mags for M&P 9mm or Ruger Mark III .22 I'll be glad to help out. Imma gonna shoot single stack again. I wasn't embarassed enough last time I guess.

And like the others said. You will be hating yourself for not shooting. No real pressure here just a lot of fun and friendly competition.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I'll be there Friday and if anyone needs extra mags for M&P 9mm or Ruger Mark III .22 I'll be glad to help out. Imma gonna shoot single stack again. I wasn't embarassed enough last time I guess.

And like the others said. You will be hating yourself for not shooting. No real pressure here just a lot of fun and friendly competition.

In the summer, Chuck always takes home the "BMW", so it really is just shooting for fun and a litttle bragging rights over buddies.

Be sure to bring your equipment to shoot.

Dang OT :(

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm still pretty new to shooting and, to be honest, am not a good shot yet. I have some days that are better than others.

It's time to break down and do something like this and I think I might just make it out there this Friday. I'll be looking for Que since I'll recognize him from our reloading class.

This would be my first organized or competitive shoot. I will probably be shooting my Ruger MK III 22/45 since I have 5 mags for it.

Has anyone ever scored a zero? :):

Hope to see some of you on Friday.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Just read one of the above that mentioned needing a holster. I don't think I have one for my Ruger. Is a holster required or would a pistol case be acceptable?

I do have one "generic" holster that might work in a pinch. I'd have to test it out.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Still unsure if I'll be there yet. I'd love to be able to try out my M&P, but only have 3 mags. So it'll probably have to be the Glock.

Top Bottom