• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    F.N.S. Will be this Friday. The whether is going to be cold so dress accordingly.
    Set up is at 5:00 we can always use your help.
    Shooters meeting is at 6:00 you must attend meeting

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Bit confused, hopefully heading for my first time tomorrow. The rules say minimum 5 magazines, but I see people shooting revolvers or running high capacity.

I wish I had enough mags for my Shield to shoot, but max out at 24 rounds. I can bring a G17 w/ 2 mags and a fun stick, will that give me enough rounds to run stages without having to load mags? IE, am I g2g with that?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bit confused, hopefully heading for my first time tomorrow. The rules say minimum 5 magazines, but I see people shooting revolvers or running high capacity.

I wish I had enough mags for my Shield to shoot, but max out at 24 rounds. I can bring a G17 w/ 2 mags and a fun stick, will that give me enough rounds to run stages without having to load mags? IE, am I g2g with that?
    I run my shield 9 with 8rd mags. I have 5 total, but I haven't needed all 5 at a stage yet. :dunno: just something to think about.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I run my shield 9 with 8rd mags. I have 5 total, but I haven't needed all 5 at a stage yet. :dunno: just something to think about.

Ill have to pick up more mags for next time, would much rather run the Shield than this big piece of Tupperware!! :popcorn:

So, is "one run", 6-7 targets? Or do you do multiple stages in a row before getting a chance to reload mags?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ill have to pick up more mags for next time, would much rather run the Shield than this big piece of Tupperware!! :popcorn:

So, is "one run", 6-7 targets? Or do you do multiple stages in a row before getting a chance to reload mags?
    One stage is anywhere from 4-6 targets and you have 3 consecutive runs on each stage. There are 5 stages total. You have plenty of time between each stage to load your mags :yesway:

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    There are 5 stages . Each stage has 3 strings of between 4 and 6 targets. They dont want mag reloading on the line,Its a time thing to keep the flow

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    There are 5 stages . Each stage has 3 strings of between 4 and 6 targets. They dont want mag reloading on the line,Its a time thing to keep the flow

This answers everything I wanted to know! So if I run the Shield, I can only have 4-6 misses to finish. Ya... I'll run the glock in open! :)

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This answers everything I wanted to know! So if I run the Shield, I can only have 4-6 misses to finish. Ya... I'll run the glock in open! :)

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

I brought about 225 rds last time out and I ran out on the final stage. They say you need a minimum of 75 rds for the entire night, but that would mean you don't miss a single target. Not really realistic.

My goal is to keep it under 200 rounds tomorrow. I just put some XS Big dot sites on my G19 today, so I'll either be much improved, or I'll struggle horribly.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Figure that production has a max of 51 per stage (assuming 5 mags). With your 3 mags I'm guessing you can easily load at least than that and be just fine. Also, you should be able to complete in the Limited division.

Top Bottom