• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Had a fun night with seven strings under four seconds, with three of them under three seconds! Have to go again next week!

I have noticed when doing the scores that several of our regular shooters times have been getting better and better. For me, that's what it's all about. Having fun and getting better with your firearm!

BrokenAces

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    Are the steel match results posted anywhere else on INGO other than on this thread. I've been out twice on Friday night and haven't seen my name on any results sheets. Should probably put a date on the spreadsheet.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I was not at the 5/13 meet. That is the only one I have not seen posted here. PM Kevinsr89 and he can get the scores to you I bet. I find the emailed version a little more friendly anyway. You did write in your email address down when signing up, yes?
    I'm hoping to make it tomorrow, 5/19, but the chance of rain is back up to 50%.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Whoops, didn't see your post count! I had that problem too, at first. Hang in there and keep contributing (or pay and get there immediately as a site supporter)
    I'll PM Kevinsr89 for you. I would like to see how everyone did as well even though I was not there.
    I see that I posted the wrong date of 5/19 for this week's meet. Today is 5/20, duh. Still hoping for the weather to cooperate.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    4/1/16 was WAWomen.
    4/15/16, 4/22/16, 5/6/16 have been posted.
    That leaves 4/8, 4/29, 5/13. One of the April dates was rained out, I'm sure.
    That leaves two and I am pretty sure 5/13 was ran as scheduled.
    Obviously, Kevin has a work/home life. I appreciate his efforts here.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    4/1/16 was WAWomen.
    4/15/16, 4/22/16, 5/6/16 have been posted.
    That leaves 4/8, 4/29, 5/13. One of the April dates was rained out, I'm sure.
    That leaves two and I am pretty sure 5/13 was ran as scheduled.
    Obviously, Kevin has a work/home life. I appreciate his efforts here.

Yes it takes a lot of work to run a program. I learned from other seasoned shooters to take a pic of my score sheet at the end of the match. I'm looking for the shooting the next event.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Well, we got another one in last night. Timing worked out weather-wise with only a slight drizzle as we were finishing up. Some familiar faces and some new faces as usual. The usual 4 stages, 4 strings. I'm pretty sure the setups were different on 3 stages. No movement this time and probably a good thing since it was wet.
    Personally, I did marginally better by about 8 seconds for my total. Still working on picking up that darn front sight instead of the plate...
    Thank you to all for picking up and putting away last night. I know PGR was short-handed last night.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Sorry if I missed it but are there directions to the range in Spencer? Address for google maps, etc...

Here you go:

Precision Gun Range
    2278 Wood Drive
    Spencer, IN 47460

It is about 1.5-2 miles south of the Rt 46 & Rt 43 Junction, at the top of the hill just east of McCormick's Creek Park.

There's a large sign on the left that marks where the range is, and it is a couple hundred yards off Rt 43.

Come on out and have fun!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Well, we got another one in last night. Timing worked out weather-wise with only a slight drizzle as we were finishing up. Some familiar faces and some new faces as usual. The usual 4 stages, 4 strings. I'm pretty sure the setups were different on 3 stages. No movement this time and probably a good thing since it was wet.
    Personally, I did marginally better by about 8 seconds for my total. Still working on picking up that darn front sight instead of the plate...
    Thank you to all for picking up and putting away last night. I know PGR was short-handed last night.

I got there early and helped Steve set up the stages on the rifle range, while another group set up Stage One on the pistol range.
    Later I did some of the score keeping and shot in all four stages. I was the last shooter, and it started to rain just as I walked
    onto the range. We timed it almost perfectly.

Been too busy since, so I don't know how I did in the Shoot.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Sorry if I missed it but are there directions to the range in Spencer? Address for google maps, etc...

Here you go:

Precision Gun Range
    2278 Wood Drive
    Spencer, IN 47460

It is about 1.5-2 miles south of the Rt 46 & Rt 43 Junction, at the top of the hill just east of McCormick's Creek Park.

There's a large sign on the left that marks where the range is, and it is a couple hundred yards off Rt 43.

Come on out and have fun!
    Coming from Columbus, it is the stoplight just before McCormick's Creek SP. There is a short, left turn lane to get into. The intersection is just past the archery shop on the left side of the road.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know, I'm behind the times but I don't use Facebook. And when I tried to access the .net website, my security software flagged it.

How do I get a schedule of shoots there? I have been looking for a range that is somewhat close and this fits the bill! I'm heading to Freetown tomorrow to try out steel shooting but it would be even better to find a place closer to home.:)

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Facegook...me neither, no thanks.
    I had the same flag come up on the new website but it sure looks nicer than the old one. They are running the Friday night steels every week at 6pm as weather allows (Did I say Friday?). Come on out. They will start using Practiscore soon and scores should be up faster.
    For other events or before going to practice, give them a call to be sure of events and to avoid getting there and being disappointed that you can't rent a stall due to a scheduled event.

Top Bottom