• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Remember when I said he was slipping away before my eyes?
    Thursday we we were admiring my new scope from A&A. Friday morning I got a call from Sis that he was having trouble. When I got there, he was sitting up on the edge of his bed. I made coffee, and got him a couple of the oatmeal cookies we'd found on our last trip into Harford City. His neck hurt, but he didn't want to go to the doctor. I stuck around awhile.
    About 11, I went home, got ready, and went to work in the glass factory. At my second break, I tried to call him. No answer. After work I drove up there. He was asleep in his recliner. Only he wasn't asleep. I've told you all before, love 'em while you've got 'em.
    His name was David Eugene. He went by Gene.
    He graduated from Albany High School in 1952. Tried college at Ball State,. Didn't care for it. Joined the US Air Force in 53. Became a gifted electronics guy. Worked at Westinghouse Muncie most of his working life, bagat two children, became a Freemason, and lived the life.
    How will I tell my sister he's gone in the morning?
    Love 'em while you've got 'em, INGO.
    With tears in my eyes, I tell you this.
    Love 'em while you've got 'em.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So sorry to hear this Deadeye. I know that at 98, my time with my mom is limited. You can prepare yourself, but it doesn't make it any easier to lose them. God bless.

Top Bottom