• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    SOLD to the man with cash in his hand today!

At some point in your life, you may have had a "friend with benefits". Maybe two, or more. A FWB is generally available for a good time, doesn't tap too much of your budget, performs well, and doesn't ask much of you.

Eventually, though ... you meet "The One". And you know you want to have her at your side for the rest of your life.

And that's the way I feel about these two budget friendly pistols. They have performed flawlessly, eaten just about everything I've fed to them (especially after breaking them in), never asking more than a good cleaning after a trip to the range ... but it's time for me to settle down & simplify my life.

1. Walther PPX 9mm: full size polymer frame, 4-inch barrel, 16+1 capacity, three 16 round factory magazines. Yeah, I know she ain't pretty. She's not gonna be the prom queen, but she has a smooth & easy trigger & she shoots right where you point her.

Had to laugh when I read a comment about the PPX here on INGO from a few years ago:

"The PPX is among the ugliest guns on the market. The grip feels funny. Your friends might laugh at you if you have one, kind of like riding a moped.

Given that, they're really easy to shoot well and hit where you're aiming, mostly because of the excellent trigger. You won't find a non-1911 gun with a better trigger for under $500 and it would be tough to find a plastic gun (other than it's sleeker cousin the PPQ) with a better trigger for a lot more. It really is that good. The only downside of the trigger is that the reset is a little long, but it's just an easy gun to shoot well. Plus. reliability is excellent."

v3kgnl.jpg

2. Tanfoglio Witness 9mm: full size polymer frame, 4.5-inch barrel, 16+1 capacity, three 16 round magazines. A nice CZ-75 clone. Smooth in double action, and very light in single action. Just like the Walther, she shoots right where you point her.

wko30k.jpg

Neither was a high dollar purchase, but both of these guns have been faithfully cleaned after range sessions and look like new. No scratches or holster wear. Both are complete, with original factory boxes, locks, cleaning brushes, manuals, extra mags, etc.

$300/OBO each or buy the pair for $500. Adams/Allen/Wells County area. Nothing recorded, but want to see Indiana DL & LTCH.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom