• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Some of their products will gum up and not work in the cold which is an absolute no-go for me on a defensive gun of any sort. Plus they make no grease that i am happy with for my Sigs which require a thicker grease.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I believe I got some off Amazon.

With the caveat about the cold weather performance aside, it's performed fine for me (and smells quite pleasant). I'd heard about the cold weather problem and never put it to the test myself.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You MUST follow the rules with Froglube. Strip all other lube off the gun and do not mix petroleum based oil back onto the gun ever. That's what causes it to gum up. I let oil get onto my Frog lube treated striker once. Bad bad bad.

It does freeze. Froglube says to strip the gun in winter per the army manual. There's a link on their website.

DontPanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I see, so i guess I'm better of with militec that I've used forever. To be honest tho if more local stores carried their clp id probably give it a try but if I have to buy online ill stick to what i know.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Froglube worked fine for me except when I stupidly put a couple drops of regular oil on a sear... which seeped into the striker channel when the gun was upside down in my range bag... and gummed up the striker during a steel match. Click no bang.

Since you shouldn't oil a striker, Froglube seems like a good idea. Just don't do what I did.

Top Bottom