• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    We're all different, and that is what makes the world go around! It is great that we have some great choices. I prefer SIGs by far, but that is just me. I tried the Glocks, but never could get on well with them, and that is OK. Nothing wrong with the gun per se, it is just not the gun for me.

Exactly. That's why there's such variety! I don't like Classic Sigs because I don't shoot them well. They don't fit my hands well. They're fantastic guns, built well, reliable. I just like the polymer striker guns much better.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    What Sig model are you enjoying these days? I've have a few Sigs and in a high capacity gun I would rather have one than any hi-cap Glock which to my hands are the most non-ergonomic series of pistols ever created . I did finally pick up my first Glock not long ago from the classifieds here - a G42 , like about everything about it except it is not reliable will all ammo.

i carry a 365 which replaced my 43. I have a 1911 Nightmare Full size which doesn’t compare to Glock. 938 for the ankle an a new 320 M17.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I own both. I enjoy the simplicity of the Glock, but I like the more refined nature of the Sig. I took both to the range and did a side by side comparison. Couldn’t really pic an out right winner but the Sig was more accurate.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have been from Glock to Sig back to Glock and I am in the process of switching back to Sig yet again. I started out with a Glock 27, from there I went to a Glock 19, then carried the Sig P320 for a while before going back to a Glock 19 gen 5. And now that the P365 is mostly sorted I am going back to Sig as my EDC with this pistol.

It isn’t that I have experienced failures with either brand; I haven’t. I shoot Glocks and Sigs equally well and I can adapt to either ergonomically although for me Sigs point more naturally and do fit my hand better.

I had switched from Sig back to Glock because Glock’s ecosystem is so much better. But now that Safariland has released their 7378 ALS holster for the Sig P365 it’s simply so much easier to carry then the Glock 19 that the decision between the two is easy.

The best defensive pistol is the one you will have with you when you need it most. I always carry OWB openly or covered by an outer garment or loose fitting shirt and the size difference between these two pistols in the same type holster is too great to ignore. I know the Glock 26 and 43 are viable options as well but I’m sticking with the P365...

For the time being, that is.

9B8595F4-3A8E-48C0-847C-83DEFEEA6A98.jpg

A43D9C38-D9F8-4AD7-A151-7F01A7F73DBE.jpg

3D69AE43-96A6-4E42-87B1-1BAB71E8243E.jpg

Last edited:

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    My very first "REAL" pistol was a 2nd Gen G19

Later I had P220ST, P225, P228, P229 & P239 SIGs
    Of course Hk P7M8, USP357C, & USP45 Tactical
    Plus many many others like Ruger Colt & Taurus etc.

SIGs are gr8 pistols & are high quality IMO

That being said when looking for my now new CCW pistol four weeks ago
    The Glock 26 Gen 4 was what I was looking at pretty much only
    I did look at S&W M&P Shield etc. but Glock took the price with an unused Blue Label G26.4 @ $399.99

Don't get me wrong I did look at a few SIGs a month ago & the one that struck me like "I Must Have It" was a full sized 1911 with bob wire, dog tags & POW MIA Grips..
    I could have bought 2 1/2 Glocks for what the SIG was priced at = Around $1000+.. It WAS sweet.. They also had a stainless one with a POW/MIA K-Bar Knife.. like $1200..

I think the best SIG Sauer pistol was the P225/P6 , It really fits the hand right even better than a Glock 19 because it's slim..

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have owned 2 Sigs and both have had issues. I have NEVER had an issue with any of my Glocks, they just work every time for me. When I used to RO alot of matches, the only Glocks I saw that had issues were the ones people messed with the insides or people shooting reloads. I will stick with my glocks. :twocents:

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I have been a Sig guy for damn near 30 years, damn I’m getting old! I tried Glocks, Berettas and Smith’s in the early to mid 90s simply because I wasn’t making a lot of money then and Sigs cost prevented me from having more then one. Around 2000 finances turned around and I was able to buy what fit my hand best, Sigs. All I have are Sigs now most are US made and none have given me any problems. Nothing against the other brands...

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I will disclose up front that I am not a fan of Glocks. Not disssing them. Proven weapons systems, I get that. I just do not like the balance (they feel top heavy to me) or the grips.

You’ll be back when the Sig ****s the bed.

This^^^ is funny.
    I have owned four different Sigs over the years and still have two of them. (Again, proven weapons systems.)
    The only issue I have ever encountered with one of my Sigs is when I tried to use an aftermarket threaded barrel. The barrel ramp was not quite right and it caused some FTF issues.
    Other than that, none have ever had FTF or FTE issues and certainly none have ever "****s the bed."
    YMMV, but I find that just laughable.

Last edited:

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    I've owned several different Glocks but have always ended up letting them go. I just dont get attached to them like I do my Sigs. To me they always just kinda seemed like the Toyota Camry of the gun world, practical and efficient but not very stylish and easily replaceable. The G19 was probably the one I liked the most but in the end I preferred my Sig 225 for daily carry.

Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Glock has it purpose really. They are simple and maybe lighter. But sigs are built nicer in my opinion. There fit and finish are nice too. Have had both Glock and sig. I just prefer sig better.

Top Bottom