• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That looks a scene from a bad 90's action movie where the hero's wife is being held hostage. A huge clue you're making someone uncomfortable is when her husband, when giving a speech from a podium, has to reach back to reassure his wife. Her body language did not look comfortable.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Funny thing is, she doesn't really look uncomfortable about it.
    Your take on it is a little different to mine. She kept looking away to her husband, and she moved her head away from Biden as far as possible - even more so when he leaned in.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why should she be? He waves her up to share in the spotlight for a minute and touches her shoulders. I'm failing to see why this is an issue.

It was well beyond what I would consider to be acceptable contact between my wife and another man. Not end of the world and I'm throwing punches but not something I would allow either.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    That looks a scene from a bad 90's action movie where the hero's wife is being held hostage. A huge clue you're making someone uncomfortable is when her husband, when giving a speech from a podium, has to reach back to reassure his wife. Her body language did not look comfortable.
    He reached back because he was uncomfortable lol

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    e5wOlms.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It was well beyond what I would consider to be acceptable contact between my wife and another man. Not end of the world and I'm throwing punches but not something I would allow either.

Context. Do they know each other? Is she nervous to be on national television and in the spotlight? Was she hesitant to approach the podium? Perhaps the touch of a friend is soothing in that scenario? Someone walks up and hugs my wife at the store, we've got issues. At a funeral? No problems.

My problem with it is now some folks want to take one incident, twist it as "groping" or "creepy" and run with it. That's the job of the slackwits in the media who take one stumble and paint a man as clumsy, take a few misspoken words and paint a man as a moron, etc. If you don't like the guy, fine, but attack him with something of substance, not these grade school petty antics.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Context. Do they know each other? Is she nervous to be on national television and in the spotlight? Was she hesitant to approach the podium? Perhaps the touch of a friend is soothing in that scenario? Someone walks up and hugs my wife at the store, we've got issues. At a funeral? No problems.

My problem with it is now some folks want to take one incident, twist it as "groping" or "creepy" and run with it. That's the job of the slackwits in the media who take one stumble and paint a man as clumsy, take a few misspoken words and paint a man as a moron, etc. If you don't like the guy, fine, but attack him with something of substance, not these grade school petty antics.

If it were anyone else (for the most part), feminists would be screaming. Doing something like this... using his "white male privilege" and position of power to impose himself upon an innocent women... why that's just shy of rape itself.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Context. . .? Someone walks up and hugs my wife at the store, we've got issues. At a funeral? No problems.
    And if he stands behind her, with his hands on her shoulders, and is whispering in her ear?

Yup, one incident.
    Doesn't the young girl in the middle right look delighted to be there? How thrilled does that Ordained Minister look?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

It's a subjective standard for sure so I'm not right and you're not wrong. I was simply stating that I would consider it inappropriate if that were my wife.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I watched him do the congressional swearing in ceremony...he groped every female he get his hands on, little kids, wives, didn't matter to crazy uncle Joe the perv.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I worked in a corporate environment with no shortage of attractive women. If I had pulled any of that crap I would be out the door. I can also tell you the women I worked with had no use for lecherous guys. IMO Biden is a lecherous guy. Is there a word between buffoon and incompetent that would describe him?

Top Bottom