From the back of the.......... Knife Shelf?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    So, anyone who looks at my posts will see that I've got a trend going where every so often I'll pull something out and give a story behind it, Sometimes that story is personal to me, other times it may just be something interesting that I happen to find about some of the items in my collection. This time it's going to be a little bit of both. I would venture to say that most of us here are knife guys just not quite as much as we are gun guys, and a lot of us are collectors of other various things that we lie to our spouses about the prices of (Come on you know we all do it) Anyway. Along with my Gun Collection my knife collection is fairly extensive as well. This piece right here is one of my favorites.

This is a set of Blackjack knives, made in Effingham Illinois in the late 90's. The company itself has a bit of a storied history, but they were in my opinion up the same quality as the Randalls of the same time period. The top knife is a rendition of the Fairbairn Sykes knife dating back to WW2 and later Colonel Applegate made it a little larger leading to this style of the "Applegate Fairbairn" Knife. This was one of the original and true combat knives that was specifically designed for Close Quarters Combat.

The lower knife is an EK Commando, Originally these were made in Richmond Virginia before the design rights were bought by Blackjack and their production moved to Effingham. Early models of this can be verified by looking at the sheath. On the back of the sheath there will be a patch stitched in showing "Made in Effingham Il" and right under that patch is another one showing "Made in Richmond Virginia"

These two knives while being primarily used for a display piece in my office are definitely two of the favorites. So, What do you guys want to see next from the collection? Blackjack.jpeg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Very nice.

Why did you choose A-clubs/K-hearts (and vice versa) as the display cards and not the A-spades/J-hearts like in the Blackjack logo?

As far as what to show next, more bourbon and whatever you choose to share with us. Not sure anybody but you knows what's in your collection.

Just keep posting. You have some VERY nice items.

Top Bottom