• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GrgaHines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    If I tell you my age, you may not reply, and I do want you to know I am capable and able to adjust to my disabilities. My shoulder does not allow me to hold a pistol out to use the sites. Will have to shoot from the hip. There are no shooting ranges close by to go for help in this matter. Can someone guide me in how to practice on my own. Do I free my arm from the body or do I hold the upper arm close to the body?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Welcome to INGO. We may kid around a little, may ride the trolls hard, but we're very inclusive. Don't sweat your age. Is it both shoulders, or just on your strong side? If your other arm is functional, have you tried shooting with that hand? Which area of the state are you in? I bet someone near you would be happy to set you up on a private range for a little experimentation, figure out what you need to do. I can also see a laser in your future. The pistol determines what's available.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do I free my arm from the body or do I hold the upper arm close to the body?

You will find more consistency by eliminating as many variables as possible. Lifting your upper arm from your side introduces a wide range of potential positions, even with limited range of motion. If you aren't able to hold a handgun out away from you I would definitely work on pinning your elbow to the side of your rib cage as you begin to work on your consistency.

GrgaHines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    I agree with the laser thought. I only have ring and pinky finger on left hand , stub thumb and 1" middle finger. So enuf to give me stability but not for racking. Not much grip available. Just need to compensate. Right now am watching my back! Angry dopey and girlfriend! Took over guardianship of their grandmother and now they cannot abuse her anymore. She is 95

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom