• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Hey fellows. I am a relative newbie to CC (about 9 months) and very interested in continuing education in this area. I had found Frontsight.com in an Internet search and since finding them I receive 1-2 emails daily from them regarding new "deals" for training. I get the feel that this is a major marketing operation and know nothing of the quality of their courses.

Has anyone experienced their training and what are your thoughts as to the quality of it. Any other comments on the organization would be very helpful.
    Many thanks in advance.

s&wluvr

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    I took the four day defensive handgun training. It was was excellent training. Their marketing plan is somewhat funky. Some folks get marketing and training confused when expressing an opinion although they've never been to the Nevada site.

BEST BET: For the money you'd need for travel and training, I suggest you spend it locally with the guys from ACT--Adaptive Consulting and Training. They offer great training and you'll likely get to meet Rhino! They're advertisers on this site.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks esrice for the info. I'm still learning how to navigate and search the forum website.

No worries, you'll get the hang of it.

And I'll echo JR50's recommendation-- you can find better (IMO) options here at home without having to travel to Nevada. Keep your eyes here in the T&T forum for course announcements.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Sounds like Frontsight (or something similar) would be the perfect place for you to start.

Frontsight has excellent training and is great for the "square range" training you'll receive.

I would stay away from the lifetime plans, simply because of time and distance, not to mention once you have a few of their classes under your belt you'll want to move off the square range. Suarez Intl (site supporters) is a AZ based group that has classes here 'locally', you'll be able to get the move advanced (non square range) training you'll need from them, or others like them.

I don't have any familiarity with the local guys, I hear good things though.

A big +1 to you for wanting training!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I took the four day defensive handgun training. It was was excellent training.

Compared to what? Not picking on you, just trying to establish your frame of reference. For a guy who has had no prior training, ANY training might be "great". For a guy with a number of classes from different instructors under his belt, a class would have to go a lot farther to get the same label.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Thanks, everyone for your info. It is very helpful. I think that I will stick with more local training at this point. I have already had some, and am taking the law class at Cabela's this weekend.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom