• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Hi all. Just wanted to vent a little about my day at the range. I went to the range at Crosley and got there around 1230. The benches were full so I waited for an opening. After a few mins one opened up and I told the others there that I was going to grab my stuff and set it there. I grab my stuff and come back and there is a couple of people all decked out in their IBAs and LBVs looking like they were going to war that had put their stuff in my spot. I was upset about that but the guy in the other spot was going to leave soon so I let it go. After a few more mins two more people show up dressed the same as the other two, which it turns out they were supposedly going to go to Iraq and work for Blackwater so they wanted to get a bit of training in and make some youtube videos. Which made me wonder why if they were working for Blackwater they didnt have access to better training sites than to come to Crosley. The whole time I was there I could barely get any shooting in because they were constantly running in front of the shooting line trying to do different scenarios and drills evn shooting my own target in the process:xmad:. The worst part was that they set up their targets on the big beams that hold up the roof over the targets and tore them up pretty bad. I understand if you want to do some training but Crosley isnt the place to do the sort of things they were doing and in the manner they were doing it especially with the amount of people that were there. Its people like them that will get the public ranges shut down for acting the fool and tearing stuff up. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Stuff like that just makes me mad.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Of course you did the right and proper thing by getting their license number and description of the wannabes, and turn them in to the DNR. Didn't you?

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    No, Im actually kicking myself right now for not thinking of it but there were so many people there that I really wouldnt have known which ones were theres anyway. If we had a range officer at the range I would have said something to him but this was an unattended range. Normally there arent any problems with most people showing courtesy and respect for the range and those around them but every so often we get people like these.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Yeah, I had to wonder why if they were going to work for Blackwater why you would come to a small range in the middle of nowhere to train at when you could probably get access to a lot better ranges. That and the whole youtube thing makes me wonder.
    And they were wearing multicam which they shouldnt have since they said they hadnt been to Afhganistan and you cant wear it unless your deployed.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What you saw was actually a no-so-covert operation of INGO-ers looking to secure Crosley for next Saturdy's INGO Meet - Eat- Shoot event there. :D

In all seriousness though, sorry it wasn't a good day. Nothing like getting fired up to go shoot and then have it ruined by someone else not sharing the facilities.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    What you saw was actually a no-so-covert operation of INGO-ers looking to secure Crosley for next Saturdy's INGO Meet - Eat- Shoot event there. :D

In all seriousness though, sorry it wasn't a good day. Nothing like getting fired up to go shoot and then have it ruined by someone else not sharing the facilities.

LOL, I would think that those of us on INGO have a bit more respect than to do stuff like that.
    I am excited about next weekend though, cant wait to eat some Waffle House and shoot some guns.

Top Bottom