• ...and so much more!
  • Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    FS2000 Range Repot
    I finally got my FS2000 out to Roush Lake today to get it sighted in.

1. “Feel”, it feels better to me than my other bullpup (STG-556) I think because it is wider and the front grip area is better

2. “Accuracy” Again, similar to other bullpups I have within about 4” @50yds closer if I tried harder. (NcStar cheap scope, but no loss of zero, scope was no issue)

3. “Shooting Feel”, (Benched and Bagged, 62grn Brown Bear, 1/7 barrel) Lots of movement with each shot but not so much that I could not keep it “near” on target between shots. Ergonomics on this gun SUCK!!, lol, Safety is under the trigger on some sort of dial thing, requires a truck and chain to remove mags from the well and no bolt hold open, one more time, NO bolt hold open. Those cons combined with the pros of feel and look make it an average gun for me

4. “Cleaning” Very clean same as my other piston guns, very easy to break down. Piston and barrel are the only real dirty parts

5. “Other Thoughts” As I have seen mentioned here before, lots of plastic parts, both in the trigger group and on the bolt as far as what that means for reliability, I do not know, I shot 300+ rounds from it with no trouble. It ejects brass out the front (very cool looking) enabling the shooter to burn the wrist of their weaker hand when the brass hits the bench (really not an issue, just griping because my wrist still hurts. Requires special tools for removing the piston and other odd jobs, those are provided and there is room in the stock for them (this is a con for me). If I had to choose between the FS2000 and my MSAR STG-556 (again as I have seen mentioned here before) it would be the MSAR hands down. Mostly because I believe it is built better and more reliability than the FS2000
    DSCN0843.JPG

DSCN0844.JPG

DSCN0845.JPG

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for the range report.

The FS2000 has been on my list of firearms that interest me because I am sort of a bullpup freak. I have and really enjoy both my Steyr AUG and it's Bush1 approved, clinton hated post-ban USR. Both are strange but really nice rifles.

The main reason I haven't picked up an FS2000 is that it is a current production firearm that sells for roughly the same price as my out of production and government hated Steyrs. I also am not buying one because the constitutional F2000 (as in full auto) is actually cheaper than the ATF approved, child safe FS2000 (one shot per trigger pull). Something is wrong there.

Anyway, again, thanks for your report, and again putting the FS2000 on my radar screen. :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I've always been intrigued by this gun.

It's fun to use on Battlefield Bad Company 2. Sprays bullets faster than about any other gun on there.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I have always liked the look philosophy behind this gun, however I have read enough bad about it that if I go with the bull-pup it will be more likely as you said with the MSAR...or maybe the RFB if they ever start making them in any kind of real numbers where I can find one.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    FS2000 Range Repot

3. “Shooting Feel”,... requires a truck and chain to remove mags from the well and no bolt hold open, one more time, NO bolt hold open.

Remove the rubber gasket/dust skirt in the mag well and the mags will drop free.
    The rubber gasket is there to help seal the magwell from dust/sand/whatever...

As for No Bolt Hold Open, its a European thing.
    They train and like no bolt hold open.
    Also IIRC, its needs to close the bolt on the last round to eject the last brass out otherwise you would still have one stuck in the chamber.

As for Magpul mags, get some E-Mags and they should fit with a slight mod to the back spind.
    Pmags will work if you shave the waffle sides off.

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Remove the rubber gasket/dust skirt in the mag well and the mags will drop free.
    The rubber gasket is there to help seal the magwell from dust/sand/whatever...

As for No Bolt Hold Open, its a European thing.
    They train and like no bolt hold open.
    Also IIRC, its needs to close the bolt on the last round to eject the last brass out otherwise you would still have one stuck in the chamber.

As for Magpul mags, get some E-Mags and they should fit with a slight mod to the back spind.
    Pmags will work if you shave the waffle sides off.

Thought about shaving the p-mags,

good point about the round, but wouldnt it be left in the upper "catch" just like if the bolt recoiled, not in the chamber?

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    right, sorry not in the chamber, but still not ejected.
    Don't shave a Pmag, just get E-Mags.
    They will also work in ARs.
    Its a PITA to shave a PMag.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I held one at Bite the Bullet in Reddington. It has to much of an ugly factor for me. It would be cool to shoot one though, just to see what's all about. That had to have cost you a pretty peny.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Time to resurrect the thread. :D Any suggestions for a trigger modification? The trigger seems to be the number 1 complaint with bullpups. Preferably a modification that won't cost me the life of my firstborn to pay for it :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I can't imagine they are selling many when the scar 16 is sitting right next to the 2000.

I haven't seen much in the way of aftermarket triggers either. Tis the nature of a bullpup. :dunno:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I thought it was awesome as well until I shot it.

The whole thing is plastic! That really turned me off. I can work with a crappy trigger. I didn't think it helped with follow up shots either.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    It IS fairly heavy considering it's a polymer build. I don't mind the construction. The firearm feels custom-made to fit me...I know it's not, but it feels exceedingly comfortable to me. To each their own I suppose. :D

Top Bottom