• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If this hasn't happened in 2 years, its not going to happen. Silentvoice 71, you should have a cadre by now, of people you trust. Gathering folks on a public forum like INGO is only going to get you so far. If there were no takers, then its all talk, and no action.

My advice? Find ONE, one man nearby and PM him. Meet, start comms and become friends. Just you two. Then add on from there. One of his buddies, maybe his brother, then your brother in law. Then your brother in law's friend. You get the idea. Bring people in slowly and vet them.

Work together, share info and intel. Train hard, play hard. Eat together, drink together, camp out, sleep next to each other. Socialize with the families.

You will get to know each other and care for each others' children like your own.

THEN, you will have a true QRF. When one of yours needs help, and its a hot LZ, you will go, no matter what, because he is a brother.

This is what I did, 12 years ago. Fort Wayne area. My crew now numbers over a dozen men. Like brothers. Total trust. Beyond a MSG. Way beyond.

Good luck man. Keep at it.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    If this hasn't happened in 2 years, its not going to happen. Silentvoice 71, you should have a cadre by now, of people you trust. Gathering folks on a public forum like INGO is only going to get you so far. If there were no takers, then its all talk, and no action.

My advice? Find ONE, one man nearby and PM him. Meet, start comms and become friends. Just you two. Then add on from there. One of his buddies, maybe his brother, then your brother in law. Then your brother in law's friend. You get the idea. Bring people in slowly and vet them.

Work together, share info and intel. Train hard, play hard. Eat together, drink together, camp out, sleep next to each other. Socialize with the families.

You will get to know each other and care for each others' children like your own.

THEN, you will have a true QRF. When one of yours needs help, and its a hot LZ, you will go, no matter what, because he is a brother.

This is what I did, 12 years ago. Fort Wayne area. My crew now numbers over a dozen men. Like brothers. Total trust. Beyond a MSG. Way beyond.

I have to agree, the Internet is full of dreamers but very little action. Part of the problem could also come from not having similar situations... Family vs. single and or very close friends.

I personally would need something that is based on getting me, my family & friends out safely if the need arises. Without my family & friends I'll just stay in the fight to help those that are unable, get to safety on there own.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Did try it and my thread got hijacked by some stupid seminar. I already have most of what you speak wetsu with some people elsewhere but id like to get a few goin here and i think a range day with it being so cold would be a no go.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Thats my only beef is now i have a place to go out of town and i dont think i could really help anyone if the shtf. I could only be a qrf then return home say if there was riots. Long term no, i have a bug out location picked with others.

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I already have a good team and great plans in place and trust is going to be huge for me.

However; I would not mind meeting with like minded individuals in order to discuss other options I may have missed such as alternative paths or even look at splitting stuff like bulk food/ammo purchases.

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011

That is kind of the way I have taken it too. Started with a couple good friends who enjoyed camping, shooting, hiking, etc. We would not just prepare for gloom and doom but stuff like hey man you lost your house in a fire well here is how we will help you get back on your feet or even a simple extended power outage.

Over time it has grown to be more wide ranging how can we improve ourselves and become more self sufficient as a group. i.e. you can brew beer and I can make good bread so hey why don't we trade to the summer "community" garden where everyone chips in with helping and they are allowed to grab what they need.

It makes stuff cheaper if we do have to buy if we split a pig or a cow or even bulk ammo purchases. Which is nice because over time everyone is able to grow their own preparations too.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I do not know if I'm too late or what, but I am interested. I work a busy schedule so I wont be upset if I cant meet your times but I am offering to join? or meet or be involved or not. Let me know if there is any way to swing it. I am IN ALLEN CO, but out of FW. East side

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I am a longtime Fort Wayne native who now lives in Auburn. We have a very regular group of minutemen up here and are always looking for more who would like to come along on range outings. Typically during the summer we try to make regular outings to Pigeon River and use the public range there. Free of charge, beautiful scenery, log cabin style shooting booths so you're free to shoot in the rain without being drenched.

I have been advocating locally to launch a full time discussion group on not only firearms training and tactics but a open topic discussion on correcting others about firearms and eventually changing the dialogue of the entire debate. We were never talking about "gun control" but civilian disarmament. We need to unlearn Orwells "new speak" and get to the heart of the matter.

CookieMonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    NE Indiana
    There seems to be several groups in Ft Wayne operating independently. I know we all have a common goal, but the real questions is this... Having seen other groups attempt to combine forces (sort of speak) and then fall apart because of politics, power struggles, or just plain stubbornness, is there something that can be done, or a mindset that we can all get into that would prevent bad blood from brewing between groups?

Myself, I'm a member of the ISL, and I know there's a large group of active ISL members in Ft Wayne. I talk to them and meet with them on a regular basis. They are also wanting to grow and network with other people in the Ft Wayne area. I'd be more than happy to meet with anyone here or pass on contact information. But the simplest way to get in touch with the Ft Wayne ISL group is to sign up on the website. Go have a look and lets see if we can all get something going, as a unified group, rather than divided pockets.

The Indiana Sons of Liberty

Top Bottom