• ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Thank you both!!

We were just sharing a holiday beverage and I said “let’s check with INGO”.

He is impressed (as am I) with the pure helpfulness of everyone here.

Thanks!

Ive given him some options.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hillside is a better range, but it is way the hell out of the way lol..

"way the hell out of the way",

2.5 miles from I69 / GM truck plant ??

For those of us who live on the north east side, it is.

It takes me 35-40 minutes to reach the airport from Carroll High School, which is near my neighborhood on the northwest side of the Fort. Add another fifteen minutes to get to Hillside. Total is nearly an hour. I can be at Freedom in fifteen minutes.

Hillside is long way to go. Midget has it right.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Freedom is a dungeon, unless they've completely remodeled the indoor range. The lighting is poor, the ventilation is inadequate and the target holders are beat to hell. With the prices they charge for guns, you'd think they have some money to fix it. I haven't went in years.

Hillside has a state of the art indoor range, more money, but worth it.

Not sure how fast you guys out north drive, but Google map shows 27-30 minutes depending on the route you take from Carrol High School. Not sure why it would take 1 hour.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Freedom is a dungeon, unless they've completely remodeled the indoor range. The lighting is poor, the ventilation is inadequate and the target holders are beat to hell. With the prices they charge for guns, you'd think they have some money to fix it. I haven't went in years.

Hillside has a state of the art indoor range, more money, but worth it.

Not sure how fast you guys out north drive, but Google map shows 27-30 minutes depending on the route you take from Carrol High School. Not sure why it would take 1 hour.

+1000

Agreed. I live on the east edge of Decatur. That is 25 miles southeast of downtown Fort Wayne. I go to church on the North side of Fort Wayne. I can get from Decatur to the North side of town and my church in only 40 minutes. I can't find any reason why it would take so long. If you are spending close to an hour getting to Hillside, you are doing it wrong.

Get on 69, drive south, get off at the GM plant exit (exit 296B), merge onto Lafayette Center Rd, turn left on Mayne Rd. There ya go.....not that hard.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I won't debate it with you experts, but I drove from my home to just down the road from the airport 5x/week during 2003-2009, and whenever the boss needed all hands on deck for meetings in the office during 2009 until last August. I know how long it takes to get to the airport exit. Add 15-20 to get to down to the GM exit and make the run into Hillside, you get my estimate. Of course, you experts know better than my fourteen years of actual experience.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I won't debate it with you experts, but I drove from my home to just down the road from the airport 5x/week during 2003-2009, and whenever the boss needed all hands on deck for meetings in the office during 2009 until last August. I know how long it takes to get to the airport exit. Add 15-20 to get to down to the GM exit and make the run into Hillside, you get my estimate. Of course, you experts know better than my fourteen years of actual experience.

Experience does not automatically mean you are correct and the facts can be ignored.

It seems you took this rather personally. If you cannot handle facts, then you probably should not post on a public forums where facts are presented. It will only cause you much angst.

I have evidence attached to this post. You will see in the 5 examples I have below that all of them show a drive time from Carroll High School to Hillside Shooting Sports as 27-32 minute drive. If you wish to ignore these facts, you may. But that still does not make the facts incorrect...only your assumptions.

vkb70Rn.jpg

eMn8l7w.jpg

yhFchLL.jpg

6utplGs.jpg

Fapgmae.jpg

Top Bottom