• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    There was an officer (didn't notice which jurisdiction he was from) in Highsmith's yesterday and I overheard someone asking him if they were actively stopping people for being out under the "stay at home" orders. The officer replied that no, unless you're doing some kind of crazy obviously illegal stuff (that you'd get pulled over for without the order in place) they are not stopping people to see if their travel is "essential".

Although there are some exceptions I've found that most police officers are generally good guys. I can't imagine them wanting to pull people over for driving. Shoot there are so many exceptions to Holcomb's order (A-X with multiple in each letter) what isn't essential? Landscaping is essential for crying out loud.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Sold a gun sat at the local police station. They have 2 spots to park monitored by cameras. First thing we did was shake hands. This of course freaked my wife out. She sits in the car as back up JIC.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just say what I say, "​What's the matter Officer, Duncan Doughnuts closed?"

First and most important, that's Dunkin Donuts rookie! Secondly, the State Police Superintendent announced during a presser last week that the police will not be stopping people just because they are out driving around. If getting a curb-stomping from a jack-booted thug is what you're after, you're probably going to have to go downtown and pay for it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :):

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Same way I do when I drive over the speed limit. I'm choosing not to "Follow the rules" making a risk assessment. Be prepared to handle the consequences, if any, if caught.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I think worst that would happen if a cop pulls you over, and you weren't doing anything that would require them to arrest you, would be them just telling you to be careful and safe and to get home after your deal.

Top Bottom