• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    hey all! picked up a kahr cw40 this week from a fellow INGOer. its used and well broken in. to clear the air of questions up front, i did not ask him what ammo he carried in it. i did receive alot of federal FMJ upon purchase. i had a FTF after three successful rounds of the above metioned ammo in title. rechambered said round without inspecting it. commence fire, round fires and ejects but next round FTF. rechamber second FTF round without inspection(assuming its the gun) and still FTF. i removed the round and looked at the primer and two very evident strike marks. inspected the other casing that was FTF and it too had two strike marks on primer. i'm obviously going to call Hornady on monday but i am looking to see if anyone else has encountered this with Hornady or any other self-defense round. so, what are your stories? thanks.:ingo:

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Wow, this is alarming. I carry the same ammo in my pt140. Im going to have to see if i have any of the same issues. Thanks

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i haven't forgotten. i didn't get a chance to call hornady today. i will be calling tomorrow morning and trying to get some answers. it seem seems this is a recurring theme for this ammo after a 2 minute google search. i will hopefull have more specific info tomorrow. BTW: my lot number is 3100220.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    UPDATE: called hornady today and talked to Dan. i am somewhat less than please with the customer service. i had to repeat my info a couple of times along the way because he seemed very confused as to why i was calling and why i had a concern about the ammo. i stated my case and he told me to send in the remaining rounds and that they would send me out replacement ammo after they had inspected the box i am sending in. he told me to send it UPS ground and gave me a return number. i'm not too much a tight wad but, i was a little suprized i had to send this in on my own dime. i asked if they were going to reimburse me for the shipping and he simply replied "no". i am also a little disturbed by the comments he had made during our conversation. when i gave him the lot number he responded with, "very interesting" in a concerned voice, when i asked him what was interesting he simply replied "nothing" and continued on. to say the least, i am less than impressed. i will get my new ammo from hornady and go ahead and run them through at the range but i will no longer be buying hornady products due to a lack of reliability and poor customer service. i had high expectations from this ammo but i am sorely disappointed. i hope you all have better luck! i will post agaiin once i hear from them. thanks, jeff

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    uggghhhhhh...so far nothing out of hornady about this stuff. i called again just now and sat on hold for 10 minutes while they tried to find Kurt who supposedly reseaches the ammo that is returned. they couldn't get a hold of him so they are gonna go ahead and send replacement ammo for what i have sent in. they did not have the 155 grain in stock so they will be sending 180s instead. i'm hopefully gonna do some range time this weekend so i will post again for those of you who care. this has been a bit of a drawn out process IMO. i'm suprized at the somewhat poor customer service. they will be calling someday with the report on why the ammo was bad so i'll wait until then to make my final judgement just so i can clear the kahr of any wrong-doing. be safe! jeff

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I read your earlier posts but may have missed it. Did you try this particular ammo in another gun?

I ask because I have used Hornady stuff for years without the first hint of any kind of problem.

I'll keep up on what you find out!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    I read your earlier posts but may have missed it. Did you try this particular ammo in another gun?

I ask because I have used Hornady stuff for years without the first hint of any kind of problem.

I'll keep up on what you find out!

Cam,

no i didn't. i don't own another .40. the firing pin printed well on the primer so i assume the primers are bad. this seems to be a topic of discussion on some other forums. i have read everything from 9mm to .308 win no firing. it would also seem that the TAP .223 is very prone to this happening.

Top Bottom