• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    here is my question...i know you have to fill out a form for buying a "full auto" gun like a thompson as is...but if i dont want to get in trouble...what and how would i go about buying a semi auto ak-47...then doing one of those cheap full auto kits and buying the tax stamp and form for a full auto gun?

TIA :ingo:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    as far as i know all you can do is became a gun builder. you have to have some kind of ffl (04 or 01 maybe?) to be able to build a full auto. 1986 shut the door for the rest of us.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    here is my question...i know you have to fill out a form for buying a "full auto" gun like a thompson as is...but if i dont want to get in trouble...what and how would i go about buying a semi auto ak-47...then doing one of those cheap full auto kits and buying the tax stamp and form for a full auto gun?

TIA :ingo:

NO idea what "cheap auto kit" you are thinking of.

If you are thinking of a drop in auto sear, I have not heard of any for the AK and the ones for AR's are $11,000 the last time I saw one. The only auto AK's I have seen for normal folks were $20,000 IIRC.

The post sample ones are under $1000 which just ain't right.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    as far as i know all you can do is became a gun builder. you have to have some kind of ffl (04 or 01 maybe?) to be able to build a full auto. 1986 shut the door for the rest of us.

oh ok so you HAVE to have an FFL to convert it to full auto yourself? i thought all you had to do is buy a tax stamp and fill out a form..:dunno:

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    NO idea what "cheap auto kit" you are thinking of.

If you are thinking of a drop in auto sear, I have not heard of any for the AK and the ones for AR's are $11,000 the last time I saw one. The only auto AK's I have seen for normal folks were $20,000 IIRC.

The post sample ones are under $1000 which just ain't right.

haha i thought you could shave something or move a spring or something to make them fully automatic excuse my ignorance but i thought ak-47's were the easiest and cheapest to make auto...heck they have them all over iraq and i cant imagine they are 20k over there.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    oh ok so you HAVE to have an FFL to convert it to full auto yourself? i thought all you had to do is buy a tax stamp and fill out a form..:dunno:

You would need to be a SOT and/or a dealer in auto weapons (a real dealer, not one on paper).

They closed the gate very effectively. To play in the NFA world you just have to have the $ sadly. That and the paperwork that follows.

And, yes, it does bring tears...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    haha i thought you could shave something or move a spring or something to make them fully automatic excuse my ignorance but i thought ak-47's were the easiest and cheapest to make auto...heck they have them all over iraq and i cant imagine they are 20k over there.

What you are thinking about is what gets you 10 years in jail or more. And, yeah, it is a bummer.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Learned something new the other day that if you buy the cheap unregistered pre 81? M16 auto sear and just own an M15, it is instant jail time.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Learned something new the other day that if you buy the cheap unregistered pre 81? M16 auto sear and just own an M15, it is instant jail time.

Yep, they can get "constructive intent" in a whole range of ways.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    What you are thinking about is what gets you 10 years in jail or more. And, yeah, it is a bummer.

wth i see these a BUNCH of these people on youtube that look like they just got out of prison and they are all shooting these fully automatic ak's and REALLY nice auto guns. i cant imagine them having the money for something like that. i guess ill just have to get my FFL and a pile of cash :laugh:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    haha i thought you could shave something or move a spring or something to make them fully automatic

Not that easy, and not at all legal.

heck they have them all over iraq and i cant imagine they are 20k over there.

They're not. Heck, in some parts of Africa, you can buy a real-deal AK on the street for about $50. But this aint' Africa. The Hughes amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 ended the production of new machine guns for the commercial market. The supply was fixed and continues to dwindle as guns go into private collections and are lost to attrition, yet demand continues to climb. That means the price of legal transferable full-autos continues to go up as well. If the Hughes amendment didn't exist, we'd be able to buy the real thing for about what we pay for a semi-auto clone now.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    wth i see these a BUNCH of these people on youtube that look like they just got out of prison and they are all shooting these fully automatic ak's and REALLY nice auto guns. i cant imagine them having the money for something like that. i guess ill just have to get my FFL :laugh:

Some of those videos are bump firing and that requires no modifications to the firearm. The others are often rentals at MG shoots.

Can you get me a link to said video's? The last thing I would ever think to do is break a federal law and then record it...

Then again, some people ain't so bright.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    Not that easy, and not at all legal.

They're not. Heck, in some parts of Africa, you can buy a real-deal AK on the street for about $50. But this aint' Africa. The Hughes amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 ended the production of new machine guns for the commercial market. The supply was fixed and continues to dwindle as guns go into private collections and are lost to attrition, yet demand continues to climb. That means the price of legal transferable full-autos continues to go up as well. If the Hughes amendment didn't exist, we'd be able to buy the real thing for about what we pay for a semi-auto clone now.

wonder what *** thought of that amendment :xmad:

Top Bottom