• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    [FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Are mil spec full auto BCG's legal to use in an AR-15 as long as it will not shoot full auto? I've seen conflicting information on another site and was curious as to why you'd want to use full auto components in an AR. [/FONT]

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    [FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Are mil spec full auto BCG's legal to use in an AR-15 as long as it will not shoot full auto? I've seen conflicting information on another site and was curious as to why you'd want to use full auto components in an AR. [/FONT]

Yes. The BCG is not what makes the m16 full auto. It is the trigger group. The m16 BCG's are just built a little heavier. The webbing on the rear of the bolt is heavier duty. Nothing more as I understand it.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Yes and no. In most states they're legal but I believe D.C. and maybe Cali. they're banned. The M16 BCG is PART of what makes and M16 fire full auto. The extra metal at the rear is their to work with the full auto FCG and sear.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I don't see why not most of the AKs out there are using full auto bolts & carriers.
    As long as you have the semi fcg in it there shouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom