• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    Scottsdale Gun Club's website (sgcusa.com) used to have Glock 17's with select fire conversions installed for $1000 if I remember right. This was a couple years ago, and I've never seen them since.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    There are no transferable Glock 18's in the US regardless what interweb rumors say.

I had a factory Glock 18 and got bored with it and traded it for a WWII AO Thompson SMG.

G18.jpg

Last edited:

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have two 17C's that are converted to select fire...better choice as when a 18 is shot out, it is shot out. While the drop in sear is a non moving part, you can just move from weapon to weapon....17, 19, 22, 23, 21...etc

Agreed on this. I have one of the PTM sears in a 19, I can't imagine shooting the host out though.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There are no transferable Glock anythings in the US regardless what interweb rumors say.

Glocks were "invented" in 1979 and were not factory produced until 1982 which means even if one was imported into the US and converted before 1986 then it was still an imported NFA weapon which would make it a "pre-86 dealer sample" not transferable.

How would converting an imported Glock pistol be any different than converting imported AK's, HK's, Uzi's and the other multiple MG hosts pre-86 that are transferable? All of the "pre-86 dealer sample" MG's are imported as a MG, not converted.

I think it was more that nobody had the idea to do so.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    How would converting an imported Glock pistol be any different than converting imported AK's, HK's, Uzi's and the other multiple MG hosts pre-86 that are transferable? All of the "pre-86 dealer sample" MG's are imported as a MG, not converted.

I think it was more that nobody had the idea to do so.

Yep, spoke faster then thought. Importing the G18 would be pre-sample. Meant to say no G18's are transferable. Sorry, lapse of reason.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Gotcha. ;)

I do think you are correct that there are no transferable Glocks out there though.
    There are rumors of 1 or 2 converted Glock 17's out there on the registry but I've never seen proof. I can only imagine they would be very, very pricey if they do exist.

To the OP, let me explain it a little better.

As already said, that guy is not Russian, he's in Georgia (the US state of Georgia, not the European country of Georgia). He has that gun because it is a dealer sample that an SOT dealer or manufacturer has.

There is no possible way for a factory Glock 18 to be on the registry. For a foreign full-auto weapon to be registered and transferable it had to have been done prior to GCA 1968. Glocks didn't exist back then. For domestic made machineguns they had to be manufactured and registered prior to May 19, 1986. AFAIK the G18 wasn't even imported until after this. But the G17 was imported in limited number before the ban. It is possible that a few of these were legally registered/converted to full auto and reside in private hands. It is very unlikely though. As I stated above, there are rumors that some converted ones do exist though.

There is no possible way to have a G18 in the registry and legal for the average citizen to buy, but it is possible to have a converted G17.

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    You can't buy a Glock 17c and get a switch for it? Or does that fall under some laws, or maybe the conversion isn't very available?

[EDIT]: After a quick Googling, I came to the conclusion that I was not looking for (but it seems to be the one and only conclusion to be had!). It is not legal to manufacture, import, or convert any new MG. Off the topic of Glocks though, is it still possible to take say a single shot M14 and convert it, if it was manufactured before 1986?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You start a business, obtain the necessary FFLs, then purchase one as a post sample.

You still need a demo letter from LE requesting the sample.

You can't buy a Glock 17c and get a switch for it? Or does that fall under some laws, or maybe the conversion isn't very available?

[EDIT]: After a quick Googling, I came to the conclusion that I was not looking for (but it seems to be the one and only conclusion to be had!). It is not legal to manufacture, import, or convert any new MG. Off the topic of Glocks though, is it still possible to take say a single shot M14 and convert it, if it was manufactured before 1986?

Single shot M14? You mean semi-auto?

Some registered auto-sears are transferable, but they cost as much as the rifle, even more in some cases if they can by used in multiple platforms. H&K for example.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    ORIGINAL POST
    I SAW A VIDEO OF A RUSSIAN GUY WITH FULL AUTO GLOCK 17. IS THAT LEGAL IN INDIANA? HERE IS LINK

FIRST RESPONSE
    WELL I DON'T KNOW IF ANY GLOCK 18S WERE MADE BEFORE THE 1986 BAN ON FA WEAPONS! IF THERE ARE ANY THEN YOU NEED TO FILL OUT NFA PAPER WORK AND PAY A TAX.

Quit screaming at that poor man. :xmad:

This thread is killing me. Starts off with a question. Dude gets yelled at.

Am I the only one that noticed the first responder was simply responding in-kind?

If you walked up to me and yelled a question in my face, I would likely yell the answer back (if I didn't completely ignore you instead).

WHEN SOMEBODY ASKS A QUESTION LIKE THIS...

THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING A RESPONSE LIKE THIS.

If anybody is irritated at the yelling, maybe the OP should consider doing less of it.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    You still need a demo letter from LE requesting the sample.

Single shot M14? You mean semi-auto?

Some registered auto-sears are transferable, but they cost as much as the rifle, even more in some cases if they can by used in multiple platforms. H&K for example.

As a manufacturer, You're not required to get the letter. Standard SOT is.

Top Bottom