• ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Dude, I simply refuse to take them ;)

Seriously, any fun with a Mk19 would HAVE to be done with HE rounds, right? $200 each ya know?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Ok here's a ???... I have a Winchester mod. 63 this is a very old rifle my father bought it with his paper route money at 15 years old. Over the years on two separate occasions the sear has worn till it became full auto. You would depress the trigger and it would sound like it fired twice but low and behold all 11 rounds would be gone. Each time this has happened we have replaced the worn part to correct the problem, I even have a spare I carry in my wallet should this happen in the future.

Would it be considered a violation of the law when this occurs. I mean technically when this happens the gun I would think is considered broken not modified.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Ok here's a ???... I have a Winchester mod. 63 this is a very old rifle my father bought it with his paper route money at 15 years old. Over the years on two separate occasions the sear has worn till it became full auto. You would depress the trigger and it would sound like it fired twice but low and behold all 11 rounds would be gone. Each time this has happened we have replaced the worn part to correct the problem, I even have a spare I carry in my wallet should this happen in the future.

Would it be considered a violation of the law when this occurs. I mean technically when this happens the gun I would think is considered broken not modified.

That would be a violation of the law... Awhile back I read a story on ar15.com about a guy who lent a friend an ar15 that had warn sear catch I believe that would cause it to shoot multiple rounds with one pull of the trigger... Multiple rounds with one pull of the trigger be the operative part of the sentence... Needless to say his friend was arrested... Then he was arrested... I think his friend got off, but last I knew the owner of the ar was still going through legal proceedings...

On a side note, any regulars from ar15.com know what happened with that case..?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Scenario#1: Your sear wears to the point that it becomes full-auto. You see it happen one time, pack it up and take it home to fix. No violation.

Scenario #2: Your sear wears to the point that it becomes full-auto. You think it is the coolest thing ever and procede to dump several bricks of .22 downrange with your new found machinegun. This is a violation.

See the difference?

#1 is close to what happened to the guy that hippykiller is talking about. That's why he is in club fed.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    AFAIK, there is nothing illegal about JNs actions. Just smart thinking on his part.
    Hmm ... I suppose that could be true. After all, when someone applies for a stamp to make an SBR (for example) they don't have to build it immediately, do they?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    That ass from WI KNEW for years and years he had FA parts in his lower and that it WOULD double if not triple and go FA when the selector was moved through the positions.

He deserves what he got.

He also leant his rifle to someone he didn't know.

Top Bottom