• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a CZ75-P07 polymer 9mm with DA/SA and decocker and 16-round magazines. It is in a par with the XD9 and the XDM9. Even better if you want DA and an exposed hammer!

Bandrews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Greenwood
    if youre familiar with the Beretta then maybebyou should go with that platform since you know it and howbit shoots and breakdown etc. ive had alot of different 9mm and i always go back to my 92FS its a great shooter and reliable and can put alot of lead down range . just my opinion from a Navy vet good luck finding a new side arm !

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    If your interested in a SIG, the SP2022 is a great gun. I know the SIG purists dont like it, but i have owned one, and it is a great shooting, reliable automatic pistol. Mine had a rail and Night sights. They feel and shoot very similar to other sigs of similar size(226, 229) only they are a little lighter due to the polymer frame. I wish i would have never sold it. You can pick one up for $500 to $550 pretty easily.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If your interested in a SIG, the SP2022 is a great gun.

I second this. Two people I shoot with have them, and they are terrific. One of the most undervalued pistols out there.

Palmetto State Arms has them for $399. You used to be able to get them with night sights for that price, but not any more. It's strange, but the 2022 is almost the same weight as the 226 and 229 even with the polymer lower, but the weight makes it a pleasure to shoot. Check them out...

Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm E2022-9-B

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite full size 9mm is a pre-B CZ 75. That gun will shoot anything I put into it and it will do it accurately and reliably. The CZ 75s are also some of the most comfortable guns you could hope to find.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a 92FS but for carry and shooting at the range nothing beats the Bersa Pro High Capacity with 17+1. I have never had a problem with it. Aluminum frame for weight reduction. Low cost, great pistol. It fits in 92FS holsters.

bersapronuevany7.jpg

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I have a 92FS but for carry and shooting at the range nothing beats the Bersa Pro High Capacity with 17+1. I have never had a problem with it. Aluminum frame for weight reduction. Low cost, great pistol. It fits in 92FS holsters.

bersapronuevany7.jpg

That looks good! Ive seen the Thunder 9 before but never paid too much attention. Im a huge fan of Bersa, I think an ivestigation is in order! :D

Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I would recommend the CZ-75 full size. If you can, find a CZ-75 SP-01 since the frame has the rail, and it is a nicer finished gun with an aluminum frame on the bottom.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    CZ75 or the HighPower. JM Browning said that the Hi-Power was his best design. Who could argue with the inventor?

Also, though not full size, I've always liked the CZ Rami compared with any other subcompact of similar weight. A heckova shooter and shoots as well as many pistols with longer barrels.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm thinking about buying a full size 9mm, I've been steered clear of the m9 even though that's all I've got experience with and I would like to come up with a Sig Sauer p226 or p229 but I think the CZ 75 is more within my price range. if anyone has any recommendations or has spent some time putting rounds downrange with any of these give me your honest opinion. I know I will need to go through a few mags myself before I make my decision but any input is good input!

IMHO, you're not going to find a finer 9MM Luger than a Beretta commercial M9. They just don't get no better! ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I also recommend the CZ 75. I would look at the SP01 Tactical. It comes with a rail and night sights. A full size CZ 75B is really hard to beat.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Those are all fine guns. Have owned and shot them over the years.
    Is there any particular purpose for which you want it? Range gun? Carry?

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have owned and fired all 4 of the guns you are asking about. Every one of them was 100% reliable. I personally found the P226 to be my favorite out of the group, but not by much.

The CZ75 I had was a "pre B" model. The sights left something to be desired on that gun.

Mags and holsters will probably be easier to find for the Sig and Beretta, however the CZ extras are still commonly available

jb142

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    I've owned a CZ 75b since the late 90's and have never had any problems with it. I shoot it better than any other handgun I've ever shot.

wdan5906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hendricks County
    As you all may suspect, I am an outspoken supporter of the S&W 5906. Well made and a pleasure to shoot. I don't think there is a traditional double action pistol made with a faster single action trigger reset.:twocents:

Top Bottom