• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My buddy is an IDPA shooter. I don't know much about the sport, but he told me mags are loaded down to ten rounds. He tells me when he trains with his 9mm M&P for self-defense and carry purposes, he inadvertently reloads after 10 rounds. Sounds like he has one heck of a shot counter in his mind.

He said he wants the manual of arms and operations to be the same for competition and defensive training. He only carries ten rounds in his primary mag and 10 rounds in the back up magazine. I have also been told by him, on numerous occasions, that the average number of rounds fired in a self-defense shooting is often less than ten.

Taking all of this into account, he feels safe carrying twenty rounds of ammo in two magazines instead of the thirty-four that the mags are capable of holding.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I pick both. I load all mags I have rounds to fill, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you see the glass, I don’t have enough rounds to fill all of my magazines.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I pick both. I load all mags I have rounds to fill, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you see the glass, I don’t have enough rounds to fill all of my magazines.

If you don't have enough ammo to fill your mags you need more ammo.

If you have more ammo than you can load in mags, you need more mags.

Top Bottom