• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    These are just examples of the media love-affair with Obama. Instead of blasting the president and showing the dismal stories of people out of work, losing their homes, getting their electricity shut off, going hungry and becoming homeless.....

.... the media has invented "Fun-Employment" to show what a great experience it can be to lose your job. Go to the beach, dry up your savings, sleep on your friends couch. Who cares! Its FUN EMPLOYMENT! This is the best depression ever!!

Question:What is fun-employment?,Answers for What is fun-employment?,society FAQ's,School Notes for What is fun-employment?,Kids question:What is fun-employment?,Fun-employment, Recession time, Losing job, Unemployed individuals, Physical activity, T
    'Funemployment' came into being with the recession, when people began losing jobs. It means unemployed individuals making use of the break to enjoy their free time - travel, take up physical activity and have a good time but at little cost. They may not have been able to do this earlier. The funemployed are young people who have few responsibilities and commitments and can afford a break. They also use the time to find another job, but don’t spend time worrying about it.
    "Fun-Employed" Live it Up While Jobless - The Early Show - CBS News
    When you're fun-employed, you can relate to Mike Van Gorkom, laid off last year from Yahoo, totally laid back today.

"I am loving this," Van Gorkom admitted.

What he's doing now is hitting the beach and hitting golf balls.

Niki Shelley is using the time to be a starving artist. She gave up her high pay, high stress New York advertising job and moved to San Francisco. Now her typical day includes no stress.

"Hang out in the park, have coffee with friends, garden in the backyard. A lot more personal time now," Shelley said.
    Unemployment becomes fun-employment for some - KSWB
    At this moment, 37-year-old Fred Sieg says he finds himself very happily unemployed.

"I get up, make breakfast, work out...sometimes go to the beach to run," Sieg said.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Real Fun-Employment

unemployment.jpg

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Yeah I love being "fun-employed"

Lets see I wake up with indigestion and feeling tired because I am worried about how I am going to keep my house, I have had to get into my SHTF supplies because , OH YEAH Sh*t has started to hit the fan.

I work in my garden (which is 4 times it's normal size) in hopes that I will figure out how to afford a canning system so it will help carry me through.

Did I mention breakfast? No thats right I didn't because it is some friggin Granola.

In the evening I relax in front of my dark TV because i cancelled my satellite service.

I run my internet through my cell phone which sucks so even seeing some of the pictures posted here is almost impossible.

Yep myself and many hardworking Americans like me are really enjoying "fun-employment".

Thank You Berry!!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last year on the radio on NPR I heard a very interesting report. Some kids at Harvard as part of their thesis looked at how bias the media is. They started with the 1940s to the present and look at the major newspapers and the major headlines (front page) and categorized them as:

bad news with a positive spin (eg. unemployment suprise increases to 9% in July)
    bad news with a negative spin (eg. unemployment jumps to 9% in July)
    good news with a positive spin (eg. Stock market rallies after positive labor report)
    good news with a negative spin (eg. Labor report says recession is ending; Stock slow growth)

They then looked at how was in office (the president & what party) and guess what they found?

If you had a dem in office the majority of the headlines were:
    bad news with positive spin or
    good news with positive spin

if you had a rep in office the majority of the headlines were:
    bad/good news with negative spin

I have kept that taught in my mind for these past 6 months and have indeed noticed this. When the unemployment numbers come out they are always down played or terms like "unexpected", "suprised" come in. Back when BUSH was in the unemployment number was screamed at the top of their lungs in BIG BOLD PRINT.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    If unemployment was at 9.5% under Bush its all we would hear about 24/7. Hell when it got over 5% a few years ago you would have thought that the world was ending by the way they spun it. Im pretty sure that historicaly 5% is pretty low.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Well, one thing is right about "Fun-Employment"...... you certainly DO have plenty of time to work on projects..... STACK unpaid bills, STAND in the unemployment line, PACK your belongings for the move when you get your foreclosure notice, HAND OVER your keys to the repo man, and let's not forget everyone's favorite...... WAIT for the peace that sweet death will bring - at least you won't be throwing up blood from all those stress induced ulcers that "Fun-Employment" has given you! :cheers:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/politics_laws_and_2nd_amendment/44333-fun-employment.htmlhttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6058369.ece

Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, appears to have made a serious verbal gaffe after telling a German TV station that the 17,000 people left homeless by the Abruzzo earthquake should consider themselves to be on a "camping weekend".
    Touring camps set up for survivors of Monday’s disaster, in which at least 250 people were killed, Mr Berlusconi told a reporter from N-TV: “They have everything they need, they have medical care, hot food... Of course, their current lodgings are a bit temporary. but they should see it like a weekend of camping."
    Maybe "O" has taken his cues from others before him?

Top Bottom