• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I disassembled my model 60 last year to clean it, I jacked up the recoil spring trying to re assemble it, and the bolt would hang up. I took it to a gunsmith and it functioned fine afterward. I sold it to a friend, and we went to the range a couple of times, and it functioned fine. Now the bolt is hanging up again, but not on every round.

The same friend bought a used 795, and he said the firing pin will not drop.

Any ideas what the issue could be with either one? Not sure when I'll be at his house again to look at them.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    795s and 60s can run for decades without cleaning, I've seen them do so. They'll damn near chug through anything besides WD40 and 50 years of filth.

I've also seen bent guide rods and recoil springs from improper disassembly which really does bind the bolt up.

Another option, though not that likely if they're halfway new production, is the recoil buffer exploded. In that case, you have to replace it cause the rifle will not function with hunks of plastic in it.

As for the 795....I'd see what ammo he is using. If it's not disgustingly old stuff, I'd clean the bolt and see if the firing pin protrudes far enough forward, clean the breech face, and see if the hammer has plenty of spring in it.

Top Bottom