• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Basic run down is my father has apparently made his funeral arraignments.

Do these need to be paid for in advance, or can life insurance information be given in advance to take care of payment after death. Also are the details of the arraignments confidential information. The reason I ask is i own my fathers life insurance policy, which in turn gives him no right to make plans to use that money, and im hoping to find the details out today.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As I understand it, many funeral homes have a pre-paid arrangements. They used to take the payment themselves but a few of them basically stole the money. I think now they sell a small life insurance policy that will fund the funeral.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I would never prepay. Nothing wrong with making the plans ahead of time though. One less thing to have to deal with when that day comes. Fund it with the life insurance policy or out of savings or however you want to do it, just don't prepay. :twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There is a fund that a lot of fundal homes use for prepay that is independent of the funeral home. I forget what it's called. We prepaid my moms but it's been 3 years ago so I don't remember the details.

Top Bottom