• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You guys ever noticed how every funeral people say "He/She was such a good person" even if they were really a POS. I am just wondering what you guys would think if someone showed up at a funeral and professed the truth about someone. Have any of you ever been at a funeral where people just told the truth, even if bad, about a person?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've never heard of anyone being hurtful towards the deceased at a funeral, I'm sure it happens, just not heard of it. I would think if someone was truly a turd of a person, the family would just have em cremated and call it a day. Why throw a big party for a turd?

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    What would be the point? It certainly is not going to change the behavior of him/her and would only serve to hurt the people who did not think he/her was a POS.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    On the one day you can't attended, families have a party for you. Food, wine, beer, flowers, and talk of how you were a good husband, father, uncle, friend, etc. A friend of mine once told me "Most people die the death of the life they lived". That quote took me a long time to dissect. My interpretation, if one has drama in their life, there will be drama in their death. So yes, there are crazy words and actions at a wake, funeral or the "party" after the funeral.

On the other side of that quote, it has been my privilege to be with some of the finest people during and after their death. If one has God, love, family, good friends, generosity, a gentle manner, etc. they usually have a good death and a good funeral.

I am painting with a wide brush but this has been my experience patients and their families.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Those that would speak ill of the deceased would probably be in a bar somewhere toasting the event. They are a none issue.

On a side, I recently attended one with full Military Honors, very moving!:patriot:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am just wondering what you guys would think if someone showed up at a funeral and professed the truth about someone. Have any of you ever been at a funeral where people just told the truth, even if bad, about a person?

I would think the person was a raging a-hole who was trying to turn someone else's funeral into being about themselves instead of the deceased, that someone just had to have the last word, that someone was a jealous POS who couldn't stand that person having a moment in the sun even while deceased, and generally that the person was a classless douchebag of such arrogance and selfishness that they believed the deceased's loved ones needed their guiding light to know their "truths" on a day of loss and remembrance.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Most people who know me have never asked me to speak at a funeral.

I go with an olde comicbook character Grimjack who said, "The truth will set you free. What they don't tell you is that first it will P#$$ you off!"

Regards,

Doug

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Depending on the person and the type of sense of humor they had while alive, there might be some wiggle room to say something like, "Joe was a real pain in the neck" or something else in good humor.

But the funeral isn't the time to show up and start railing about what a top notch A-hole the deceased was. Funerals are for the living, not the dead. You never know who is in attendance and what their relationship is to the one in the casket.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I would think that speaking bad about someone at their funeral would make everyone uncomfortable. Now, if someone REQUESTED a roast- style funeral, that could be fun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Keep in mind that a funeral is for the survivors, not the deceased. The deceased doesn't have a clue what's going on. You are paying your respects to those that live on.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It could be just a way of consoling the family. But saying "Sorry for your loss" is a lot more honest

I wondered when common sense was going to appear.
    Maybe they really didn't like the person and wanted to make sure they were going in the ground :D

Top Bottom