• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm a former AF Sgt, and I shot the M-16 in basic, one day, so I know what I'm talking about....Oh it was with a 22lr conversion kits, so I know a lot, and I say its a good gun! Ok I actually bought an AR a few years ago, and really love it, it works for me, and I would grab it in a heart beat. Have I been in combat? No. But I love the gun, and I like the platform....still want a 7.62 rifle also, and would also grab my Marlin 30/30 if I needed to bug out.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So it seems to me that the author is refighting the M14 argument from the mid 90’s ? The M16 platform is not perfect but the author appeared to be slightly overboard on his assement of design flaws. The AR is a fully functional weapon that will go bang most of the time it’s closer to a perfect fighting rifle than most. The FAL, G3, M14 ect. still see service but in large have been replaced by 5.56 rifles of some flavor. BLUF 7.62 is just to heavy to carry in quantity.
    The M16 platform is in use with over 50 Armies around the world and is the choice of SF units in many more countries that cannot afford a M16 for every guy. So the idea that it’s not a decently reliable and capable weapon just doesn’t match with the facts.
    The facts remain that a “prepper” situation will not be a running gun battle some envision but if one would have to use a AR why would you not want to have one?
    I did not see a name on the article did I miss it?

BTW
    To clean a M16 chamber spotless!

1. Attach cleaning rod to brush.
    2. Attach cleaning rod to electric drill.
    3. Dip brush in cleaning agent of your choice.
    4. Place brush in chamber turn on drill for about 30 seconds.
    5. Clean chamber repeat if needed

Turns a several hour job into about 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I don't really know how to respond to this. I hate to disrespect a member of the military, thats not my style.

So.... lets just say I have never seen all of these "major issues" this gentleman has experienced, and I have been around the platform for a few minutes now.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I don't really know how to respond to this. I hate to disrespect a member of the military, thats not my style.

So.... lets just say I have never seen all of these "major issues" this gentleman has experienced, and I have been around the platform for a few minutes now.

Yea, but were you special forces?

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I think that's our million dollars!!! INGO should sell an AR bolt face sticker that says "flower power"

There will be diesel trucks with "tacticool" owners all over Indiana blowing black smoke and buying our stickers for the rear window!

Top Bottom