Funny Experience at Comerica Park (Buffett Concert)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    So my wife and I went to the Jimmy Buffett concert at Comerica Park in Detroit on Saturday. Since we are Glock dealers we get free shirts and all so we wore matching black collared shirts with Glock on the left front and I wore one of my Kodiak Firing Range Hats and cargo shorts.

So we are going through the metal detectors. I was not carrying a gun or knife. My wife walks through first, then me and a guy behind me. The security guard looks at my wife's shirt then mine and says "hold up, too many people through at once back up". He made my wife and I go through again and then proceeded to ask me what was on my side. I said "my fat roll". He said what is in your pockets.
    I said "is it the shirt and hat that is freaking you out?" he just stared at the ground and said no. He didn't say anything else just stared at the ground. After a few seconds I said whatever and walked in.

Not a big deal but I wasn't even carrying anything and it was pretty obvious I wasn't carrying anything. I passed another security guard a few feet farther on and she just smiled in that knowing smile. I don't think she liked the other security guard very much.

Concert was great by the way. Lionel Richie opened and he was great.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    always love dealing with the minimal paid security that is hired for an event. Glad you still had no problems and a great time.

Jim Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Maybe you should have told him you were packing your big 10 inch.

Oh wait... that's Aerosmith.

Maybe you should have told him that you were carrying a Silver Bullet and working on some Night Moves.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wore my iNGO shirt without issue. He was doing his job and flagged people who appeared likely to have weapons on them. Well done for the guy I say.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I wore my iNGO shirt without issue. He was doing his job and flagged people who appeared likely to have weapons on them. Well done for the guy I say.

Was this at Klipsch last night? If so, thanks as I am one of those minimally paid "rent a cops" that work there although not at the gates. Sorry I didn't spot your INGO shirt. If you were there, I was the big lug in the black shirt standing in front of the stage barricade stage left. always a fun time to work a Buffet show :rolleyes:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Was this at Klipsch last night? If so, thanks as I am one of those minimally paid "rent a cops" that work there although not at the gates. Sorry I didn't spot your INGO shirt. If you were there, I was the big lug in the black shirt standing in front of the stage barricade stage left. always a fun time to work a Buffet show :rolleyes:

Yeah, last night. We came in from the east lot and up the hill. Huge line around 7:45p. Everyone was pleasant during searches from what I saw. A 6 o'clock carry would have been fine for me but I voluntarily disarmed

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I attend the Klipsch Buffet show...

No metal detectors but I think the security guy made it to at least 2nd base with me when we entered. I wasn't carrying. It was a fun show.

Top Bottom