• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I recently asked my neighbors' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do? ' She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.' Her parents beamed with pride. 'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.' She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? ' I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.' Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably the same century in which the parents could be described as "liberal Democrats" who would support wealth redistribution and free housing and in which grocery stores existed.

Wow, well I know that BHO, Nancy Pelosi and current crop would not be for those sorts of thing :rolleyes:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Sounds like the same kid that announced a batch of new kittens;

...and neighbor went over to check them out. "They're democrat kittens, too!" she beamed, "like mommy and daddy say they are; but they'll be changing to Republicans before long." "Oh, really?" says visitor, "Why will THAT happen?" "Because pretty soon they'll have their eyes open."

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    It makes no difference if the story is true or not.
    It's the lesson the story teaches that counts.
    Aesop made his living on that premise.

In this case the lesson is entirely factual.:D

Exactly. There's a similar one about the girl who was a real good student and had just aced a test but who felt bad about her friend who was flunking. Her father suggested she offer the teacher to cut her down to a C an give the extra points to her friend, to which she replied, "That's no fair, I *worked hard* for that A!" --

Yup.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It makes no difference if the story is true or not.
    It's the lesson the story teaches that counts.
    Aesop made his living on that premise.

In this case the lesson is entirely factual.:D

Indeed. The point of having a child as the mouthpiece is to show that not only is it slap-you-in-the-face obvious, but also because your average kid isn't trying to do mental cartwheels to fit things into his worldview.

Top Bottom