• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I always hear higher prices but where I sell a nice big coon will bring $10 a muskrat $5, big possum $1, beaver 50cents a pound and coyotes $2 to $5 all these prices are unskinned on the carcass

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Dont know much in general about this but I met a guy yesterday who sells all types of furs and sends them to Canada. Said he go $19 each for beaver and the fur business provides him a good secondary income.

Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    I always hear higher prices but where I sell a nice big coon will bring $10 a muskrat $5, big possum $1, beaver 50cents a pound and coyotes $2 to $5 all these prices are unskinned on the carcass

Wow!!!

I've been hearing that processed coon hides are averaging $10 - $12 range in southern Indiana. I haven't sold any yet but will shortly.

dnc59

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Last week at the Peru auction coons went anywhere from $5 for grease XL's to about $15 for nice dried XXXL's. Coyote from $10 to a high of about $20. Rats $8 to $12 depending on size Beaver $10 to $20 and Mink $12 to $20. All in all prices where pretty good. Seemed like there were more buyers for the Mink, Rats and Beaver than the others. I went with 5 other guys all together we had about 225 hides mostly coon and everything all total went for about $1600.00

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Have wanted to trap since I was a kid and even have a set of traps but have never done it. DOnt know a thing about doing it correctly ;)

Ever fall (September I believe) Hoosier trapper puts on a demo day. They have trappers from all around come out and give displays on how to trap. It is a good time and you can usually find good deals on stuff in the flea market area.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Ever fall (September I believe) Hoosier trapper puts on a demo day. They have trappers from all around come out and give displays on how to trap. It is a good time and you can usually find good deals on stuff in the flea market area.

This is the end of Sept.
    Its FTA chapter 7-b fall get together

these are help around the state by many chapters
    The Indiana State Trappers Assoc. also has a annual convention every year near the 17th of sept.

check to net for the web sites and info on activities of all these groups

Top Bottom