• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoGrrr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Go to www.arnoldservice.com and read what he posts on his website. Lots of good info there which will help you understand more about the high efficiency furnaces. Gives tips for troubleshooting.
    I would suggest you buy a spare HSI for when, NOT IF, yours fails. Then you can fix it quickly without having to call the serviceman. That investment will save more than the cost of the service call. Store it inside the removable cover of the furnace.
    The draft inducer should draw a couple inches of vacuum, depending on brand and model. I leave my diuretic xxxxx oops, I meant Magnehelic hooked up permanently on my furnace just to keep an eye on it since I had a problem with mine several years ago. I had water in the blower housing which required removing the blower and disassembling it. Fortunately, I was able to find the regional rep for my furnace brand who spent lots of time on the fone teaching me about the operation of the furn. I took extensive notes and read lots on the net, printed and stored the folder in the furn.
    Good luck

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I just hose mine out thoroughly once a year with water from the water heater. :)

(Just kidding - furnaces are way too important up here - I get it cleaned and checked every other year.)

Top Bottom