• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    New Florida Law Passing could allow Gun Owners to carry concealed weapons. « NewsWorthy Blogs

New Florida Law Passing could allow Gun Owners to carry concealed weapons.

How would you like to live in the Wild Wild West, or is that The Dirty South? You decide which one. If this bill passes, legal gun owners can now brandish their weapons in public and you will see it in their Holsters.
    Do we need gun control? In the last few weeks, there have been a number of stories ran that all focused on Gun Crimes by legal owners. Mostly men and women who are married killing each other.
    What is the difference? Well, if they allow guns to be displayed publicly, then they might as well allow drug dealing to take place publicly and also marijuana smokers should be able to fire up publicly, and also, having a beer in public should be allowed as well.
    This gun law is not broken, so why are they trying to fix it? Its not like there is a horrible influx of crime on the streets. Most of the news that is being written about is all behind closed doors. Every now and then a story runs about a complete stranger gunning down an innocent family. This law is being debated for Florida. So, they want the murder rate to be 365 per year? That is exactly what will happen.
    Carrying a gun on you in plain visible sight is asking for trouble. First of all, Children. A child walking by and seeing it will become intrigued immediately. It will become a nation of Gun carrying rogues. Who needs that?
    Yes America is having some hard times, but it’s not that bad is it? In New York where the crime rates are much higher than in Florida, this proposal is not on the table, even though the residents needs some form of protection. It is not legal for a resident of New York to own a gun, however the criminals have them. How fair is that? A business owner cannot protect himself, and a married couple strolling in the part cannot protect themselves and run the risk of getting shot by some unruly thug. Why does the South have to be so notorious for their gun control issues?
    If someone is carrying a gun in the open, then couldn’t someone who shouldn’t have one grab it from them? Every person who owns a gun is not an experienced fighter. Will the rule apply to everyone interested. I’m done with this story. This is the stupidest idea yet. Let us keep our guns, but we DO NOT need to display them publicly.
    What is the point of carrying a gun publicly? That is why we hire Police to protect our streets. Residents don’t need to Man their own roads and protect the general public.
    Read the story below…
    In Florida, gun owners can’t holster their guns outside of their clothing, but that could change if a piece of legislation turns into law.
    It’s called “open carry” and it’s drawing plenty of attention from advocates and opponents alike.
    Charles O’Meara of Shoot Straight, a firearms store, thinks the law would scare those who don’t own guns and create opportunities for crime.
    “I don’t think it’s fair to make those people feel uncomfortable, but the bigger part is, what happens when someone walks up behind the gun owner and pulls the gun out of its holster? Now you have someone who should not have one, with a gun in their hands,” said O’Meara.
    Under House Bill 517, which has already passed in the House Criminal Justice Subcommittee, a person would need to have a valid concealed weapon or firearm license in order to carry a weapon or firearm openly.
    Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger is in Tallahassee fighting the bill, which he calls an invitation for more crime with guns. The bill is drawing fire from the Florida Sheriff’s Association.
    “All it would do is further add to the confusion that the public will have wondering whether or not this person with a gun is in the process of doing something unlawful or not,” said Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings.
    Other gun owners said they were against the measure.
    “I would not have a problem with open-carry, but I would prefer concealed. I don’t like to let anyone know that I have the weapon,” said Philip Haugan.
    “I don’t see the need for it,” said Eric Dayman.
    The bill does prevent openly carrying a weapon in certain locations, such as schools, colleges, airports and bars.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Yeah I'm lost. I travel to FL several times/year and always CC. Is this just poor titling and they actually mean that Open Carry may be permitted under new legislation?

Rob

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    From what I understand, you can not carry openly in Florida. I was looking up laws since I am going to Florida for 2 weeks, and moving there in 6 months.

The article was written "editorially like" from a reader I am guessing, and yes, it is an old article, and it struck me funny to find out that all children lunge at guns being open carried. I can only assume that once the child gets the gun, they spray the entire neighborhood down with a barrage of deadly bullets and shrapnel effectively killing everything in their way, including that semi truck full of puppies and kittens.

Think of the kittens.

Top Bottom