• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I know I am old fashioned and I do agree with you MOSTLY :)

Food, household goods, Clothes and guns.... I like to select my own fresh stuff and for food and household goods, its cheaper to go get them. Although I admit I am liking curbside pickup. As to Clothes and guns which are more inline with the thread, I like to try them on/hold them before I actually buy. Returning stuff is more of a hassle than going to the store.

The real competition is online vendors....there is plenty of competition.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sportsman's Warehouse I've looked at a few times searching for a firearm they were always 20% or more higher than anywhere else on the firearms I wanted. So this could actually lead to better deals However, Basspro, Cabelas isn't that good on prices themselves.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I agree with Kirk. When there was one in Lafayette, it was pretty nice. Things were typically cheaper than the other places and they had a big reloading section. I never really looked at the guns much because I always buy from small shops. I hated to see it go bc Gander Mountain was horrible and now we don't have an outdoor store there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There's one in Fort Wayne. Of the big box gun stores, it's been far less annoying to shop there. The gun prices were mostly competitive, a few off the mark here and there. The rest of the firearm stuff seemed to be slightly high, but some competitive pricing in the mix here and there. I don't mind going in there once in awhile and I've bought from them before. They price match online sites like Amazon. With Cabela's / Bass Pro taking over, I can't say I'm excited about that. But most of my money when I shop local for gun stuff goes to smaller locally owned shops.

Mike Maddox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Otterbein
    Sportsmans Warehouse has had more than share of probems the last several years. Should not be any surprise. At least it is better than the current Gander Mountain situation. Still quite a few chains still doing business, just not a heavily advertised.

Top Bottom