• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    Skip fusion and go direct to the source and call Remsport, probably half the price and the same thing.
    You have their contact info, or a source that sells their parts? All google turns up is forum posts talking about them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Any machine work required or just fit up.

The frames I received already had 25lpi checkering, beavertail cut and magwell beveled. The slides were cut for novaks, and were round top serrated. Frame and slides were already fit. All you had to do was fit the barrel, beavertail, install the trigger, fit sights etc and other details. Still a lot of work to do but the machining was done.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You have their contact info, or a source that sells their parts? All google turns up is forum posts talking about them.

He recently partnered with an AR mfg, best bet would be to contact them about availability. He supplies to the custom/high end companies and sells the overruns from factory orders. The last two sets I ordered were railed and had all the options and were 400.00 a set. That was a year and a half ago though. I'm about positive they were NH GRP's though. Search my threads and there are plenty of pics of the remsports i've used in the past.

About Us

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Found this on another forum, about 3 years old:

Remsport Mfg. is a Mass. based manufacturer of 1911 frames, slides and barrels. We have also started to manufacture some of our own 1911 small parts, main spring housings and bever tail grip safeties.
    We also manufacture AR parts uppers, lowers and barrels along with many of the small parts.
    We stock all small parts for AR's along with many other parts for your build.
    We have 1911 frames, slides and barrels available for sale and all AR components. Also we stock all small parts for 1911 pistols.
    We can custom build you an AR or an 1911.
    You can also purchase one of our already built AR's we have in stock or purchase one of our 1911 custom built sample.
    All our parts and firearms carry a lifetime warrant.
    Our hours are Tuesday - Saturday 10:30 to 4:30
    call_skype_logo.png
    413 579 1994
    remsportsales@aol.com or visit us on Face Book Remsport Mfg
    Address 566 Holyoke St.
    Ludlow, MA. 01056

edit: looks like more up-to-date info was posted while I was searching.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The frames I received already had 25lpi checkering, beavertail cut and magwell beveled. The slides were cut for novaks, and were round top serrated. Frame and slides were already fit. All you had to do was fit the barrel, beavertail, install the trigger, fit sights etc and other details. Still a lot of work to do but the machining was done.

I can do all of that no worries. That is the fun part.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Dealing with Fusion (Bob Serva Ceo in particular) was the only nasty, ugly, I'd like to beat on this guy because I'm sick of being lied to over and over, to experience I've ever had with guns or anything gun related.

In my opinion they make junk that looks pretty & and that is it.

Do a google search for something like "problems with Fusion Firearms" , if the threads have not been deleted you will find folks with experiences similar to mine.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Just as a point of reference, I had a completely different experience with Bob. He was very helpful, very friendly, went out of his way to work with me personally, and sold me a great pistol. I know there are those out there who had bad experiences, but mine was great.

I suppose it's worth noting that mine was for a complete pistol, not a kit.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I suppose it's worth noting that mine was for a complete pistol, not a kit.

Mine also.
    Gun was good for about 1000 rounds then it started breaking link pins.
    They kept wanting to send me parts rather than fix it.
    Finally they agreed to fix it in x amount of time. A gun that you know will break every 500 - 1000 rounds is useless for competition.
    Finally got the gun back in about 4 x amount of time.
    It appears to work (I use it as a back up in case my good gun ever breaks, I have zero confidence that it would work very long) but they basically half arsed it, didn't recrown the new barrel & I had to get a real gunsmith to look at the feed ramp.
    At the front end I had ordered a hat from their website. They did not have any to sell but charged my card for the hat and shipping anyway. By now I'm fired up about the principle of the things and after months and emails and phone calls I finally get my refund.

A gunsmith shooting buddy of mine ordered a kit and it was poor quality & he went through the same frustration.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    And they have that same sticky on all of the manufacturers sub pages...

Oh, and I had a Fusion kit that I finished without any issues in the time that I had it before I sold it. Granted I did not buy it for nor run in competition, it was a CC gun.
    Mark

You are right, didn't think about that until after posting. Fellow Fusion haters have posted that Fusion petitioned for the no grievances exclusion, but that is really just hearsay.

Even with the exclusion there are still some interesting threads, Should I Be Concerned? - 1911Forum , http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=451025 , and etc.

Last edited:

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I just got done building a 6 inch long slide 38 super with a Caspain frame and slide. They were nothing but helpful and I am very happy with it. May have cost a few more bucks, but I figure it will probably be the only one I ever build.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just got done building a 6 inch long slide 38 super with a Caspain frame and slide. They were nothing but helpful and I am very happy with it. May have cost a few more bucks, but I figure it will probably be the only one I ever build.

I've done a lot of builds with caspian as well it's good stuff. I just don't like how if you order checkering they mill off the last quarter inch makes it look weird to me. Caspian hasn't been without their complaints either but in general it's nicely finished parts.

Top Bottom