• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Oh man I'ma gonna be ina trouble! I have black dots on my palms, hands, or face all the time. Work on a bunch of junk, greasy cars and motorcycles, guns, welding and grinding. Often get permanent marker and paint on myself too. I will hate it when the cops start coming to save me!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I like the effort, but...

This will only work so long as domestic abusers who are keeping an eye on the victim's every move don't know what it means. Once it's widely known, then it will fail.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I like the effort, but...

This will only work so long as domestic abusers who are keeping an eye on the victim's every move don't know what it means. Once it's widely known, then it will fail.

Yea I wonder how many of these things are actually true. I've seen ones about ordering certain shots at a bar to signify help, and a few others along those lines. My first thought everytime I see these is that if I know now, what is stopping the person presenting the danger from knowing.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Me thinks asking for help or screaming HELP! would be more universally understood. Even at the risk of being discovered by the abuser. It would be public at that point. Why would you want it to be quiet or secretive even if you were in immediate danger?

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County

Unfortunately this story is a bit old. This was first reported back in 2015 and the lady that started this was a victim that was looking for a way to make people aware of the plight of abuse victims. She did a great job in making people aware to the tune f 5 million followers. The problem was that while many flocked to the facebook page to support it the main abuse advocacy groups warned against this for the simple reason that an abuser can access social media and other communications and see this same information, so not very covert. On top of that, no law enforcement agency, hospital, or other advocacy agency is plugged into this method of warning. Below are links to some articles that support what I'm saying here

Domestic Abuse Victims Paint Black Dots On Hands As Subtle Signal For Help | The Huffington Post

Can a black dot on a victim's hand help tackle domestic violence? - BBC News

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was not aware of this, so I shared it. Abusing women, or anyone else, is not something to be taken lightly. I think it would be good to know what to do if someone approaches you for help.

Top Bottom