• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Ive been eyeing the warren tactical with green front fiber optic front, the vicker battlesights with green fiber optic front, maybe the same in 10-8, idot pro's/hackathorns. I havent seen the first two in person yet. Anyone have either of those and what do tou think of them if so. Not really concerned about having night sights but if i do i want a single front or two dots. Im not a fan of the 3 dot sights like the factory glock ones on my 19. The wifes g43 basically has hackathorns with a unotch which does seem to work well. I do ccw this gun and take it when i go hunting and or target shooting.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I have Warren Tactical sights on Glock 34 and like them especially since they come with both fiber optic rods for each color. But in my opinion the Trijicon HD's are the best all round set of sights.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I been eye balling the Heinie streight eights for mine.

:popcorn:

Would also like to move away from three dot sights

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got idot pros with the yellow front on my 19. I really like them, I am a fan of the strait 8 sights but I would be just as happy with Trijicon HDs even though they are 3dot. Since you like the strait 8 style I highly recommend checking out the idot pros.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Dawson Precision has a nice Ste of fiber optic front (your choice of colors) and a sort of Novak,warren, something adjustable rear for less than $100.

I personally ally have Ameriglow fiber-optic/tritium combo that works pretty well too on a G19 and M&P

Plan on getting a 34 and will get the Dawson's for it though

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I kind of really like the Ameriglo TCAP front sight paired with the Defoor rear. I'm not convinced it is better than the Hacks, but I like it.

I think Dawson makes the best fiber sights. 10-8 are very good, too. Dawson fiber front, charger rear. Dawson front, 10-8 rear. Many good options.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've put Meprolight Tru-Dot sights my carry pistols. They have a white ring around the tritium capsule, so they work like traditional sights in daylight. I tried a couple others, but in the low light conditions, the glow isn't bright enough and the sight body is too dark. Having the white around the capsule helps in those transition periods.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I ended up going with the kyle defoor sights on the chopped g17. I just installed them tonight and havent shot with them yet but i think i will like them. I put a coat of white fingernail polish on the front sight then a coat of some superbright fluorescent orange nail polish on top of the white. I did this on my g19 factory night sights and really like it. The orange is way brighter than the ameriglo orange on my wifes g43. I went this route because i didnt want really tall sights and have read complaints of the HD and Warren tacticals etc tearing up shirts from iwb carry, gut sticking aiwb and even pretty good scratches on arms plus keeping the sights closer to the barrel is a plus just like on a rifle. Another reason for going this route was if i didnt like the plain front sight i could run a tcap front or a fiber optic with the rear sight i have. I dont feel the tritium is necessary for me. I can see the sights up until that point that i cant see or identify the target and once it gets to that point i need a light which i always carry.

Top Bottom