• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I know I don't have to conceal it and I have Open carried on a couple of occasions. But when I'm by myself id rather not give someone an advantage of knowing I have a firearm..

The looks and side comments make me giggle though. Standing in line at the walmart pharmacy I had my shield in a fobus paddle holster when I seen two guys eyes pop out of their heads. Lol then to hear "man I thought that was a cellphone at first...its a gun! LMAO

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    If it's a matter of conceal then the 26 is the obvious choice. I personally prefer the "feel" of a 19 but I'm not worried about total concealment. Let us know how you like the 26 if ya shoot it?

sly14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    If you are going to purchase both I would buy the 19 first then buy the 26. You know that you are happy with the 19

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    My wife liked my 19 better than the 26. The 26 just 'felt off' because of the shorter grip so we tried the Factory mag+2 and she really loved that. I bought about 4 more of those and have a few 10 rounders for making it smaller.
    You'll have to decide on your own, but I thought I'd share our experience. I've even gotten to carrying it more often with the 12's.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have both as well and carry both. The 26 is super easy to hide and I love it but around this time of the year I carry my 19 a lot more and get bored with the 26. :): Almost got rid of it onhere but I smacked myself and realized I would miss it when it warmed up outside! They both shoot great, handle great, point great(for me). If I could only have one it would be the 19 but having both is fantastic!

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Eventually I will have both! But the hubby wants a new gun as well so I have to pick just one for now hahaha. I think I'm slightly leaning towards the 26 with pinky extension... I'm going to go shoot it first. Try it out see how it feels before I buy it. I hope I like it as much as the 19!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a 27 and a 23, same size guns as the 26 and 19, just in .40.

I carry the 27 most of the time, but the 23 is not much different in a a good IWB holster. With the .40 the 23 is easier to shoot than the 27. I don't think it would be as noticeable with a 9mm.

As others have stated, I carry the 27 with a flush mag in it, but carry the 23 mags as reloads.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either one. Some of it depends on how you will carry it.

C.M.Burns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indy
    26 first. 19 later. Or 19 right now and still get the 15 rounder before they change it. Love the baby over the compact in my opinion. So cute and manuverable

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You like the 19, get it. There is just not enough difference to worry about.

The longer slide will be running down your side when carrying IWB.

G23-G26-Size-1a.jpg

Besides... 15 rounds > 10 and G19 mags are like gold these days :D

and you can run a light on it if you want.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    26 hands down. It is much easier to conceal, can accept any mag config, smaller and lighter. It's not even a question of shooting comfort, your pinky shouldn't be doing anything, anyways. Also, no noticeable accuracy loss - where does the 19 have anything on it?

26 is the superior tool.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have both and carry both. The 26 is noticeably lighter and more comfortable to carry and it's the one I grab first if I'm carrying IWB. I do use Pearce extensions on the magazines. Honestly, if I had purchased the 26 first, I probably wouldn't have purchased the 19. AND I usually shoot the 26 more accurately. Win/win.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    one thing I don't like about the Pearce Grip extensions is the pinch. If your fingers don't fall on the gun just right, you can get a pinched ever time you shoot.

Top Bottom