• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    So, I bought a shiny new Glock 19 today and I'm going to start making some mods. I thought I would go ahead and post my progress as I make changes to the new gun. First thing to get worked on is the trigger and sights. So, I wanted to ask the members of INGO about their preferences on these two areas.

What sights have worked best for you? I'm looking at a set of 10-8's or a set of Heinie's.

What trigger systems have worked best for you? I'm looking at the Glocktriggers.com Skimmer or the Fulcrum trigger. Any experience with the two?

Now, before we get started, I've been shooting a Glock for the last 8yrs. I'm a certified Glock armorer and I've been customizing Glocks and other weapon systems since 2006. I'm not trying to be boastful, but I don't want anyone to think this is my first gun. This particular G19 will be primarily used for CCW, Competition, and Training.

So, anyone have any suggestions? I'll let you guys know what I go with in the next couple of days. Thanks!

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd put a couple thousand rounds through it to make sure it's functioning properly first...

I like the hackathorn sights by ameriglo. If it's a gen 3, grip reduction and stippling and whatever trigger modifications you like. If you really want to spend some extra money, send it off to Fail Zero.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    So, I bought a shiny new Glock 19.

Shiny?.....

I just put a set of Tru Glow night sights on my wifes G19. I like them better than the Trijicon sights I have on other guns, they are noticeably brighter. I have a Kimber that came with Night sights, I think Kimber uses Meprolight, they are brighter than the Trijicons but not as bright as the Tru Glows.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I am currently using Ameriglo Pro Operator's with yellow front and green rear dots. AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Operator I like them alot, but since I cannot get them for my bodyguard .380 I am going to switch back to XS big dots so I can have the same sights on both of my carry pieces.

As for other mods. I personally would only change the sights and leave everything else the same, but thats just personal opinion

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    I would leave the trigger alone on a carry gun. I have had great results with Big dot sights from xs. They are fast and accurate with a little time spent working with them.
    Ryan

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    So, I bought a shiny new Glock 19 today and I'm going to start making some mods. I thought I would go ahead and post my progress as I make changes to the new gun. First thing to get worked on is the trigger and sights. So, I wanted to ask the members of INGO about their preferences on these two areas.

What sights have worked best for you? I'm looking at a set of 10-8's or a set of Heinie's.

What trigger systems have worked best for you? I'm looking at the Glocktriggers.com Skimmer or the Fulcrum trigger. Any experience with the two?

Now, before we get started, I've b
    een shooting a Glock for the last 8yrs. I'm a certified Glock armorer and I've been customizing Glocks and other weapon systems since 2006. I'm not trying to be boastful, but I don't want anyone to think this is my first gun. This particular G19 will be primarily used for CCW, Competition, and Training.

So, anyone have any suggestions? I'll let you guys know what I go with in the next couple of days. Thanks!

If you're a GLOCK armorer, haven't you worked with all these parts. You've been shooting a glock for 8 years, use what has worked for you all those years.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Shiny?.....

I just put a set of Tru Glow night sights on my wifes G19. I like them better than the Trijicon sights I have on other guns, they are noticeably brighter. I have a Kimber that came with Night sights, I think Kimber uses Meprolight, they are brighter than the Trijicons but not as bright as the Tru Glows.
    +1 on the Tru Glows. I like them better for bright day light shooting. I have trouble picking up the standard factory white sights but the TGs really shine; the brighter the day the more they shine.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Careful with the TFO sight as the fiber optic rods have had reports of being broken under hard use due to being so exposed.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hair Triggers, so called, and various other visionary superspeed trigger adjustments are not at all necessary nor desirable. A normally adjusted standard weight trigger pull is safer, surer, and productive of much better results and more consistent "sure hits" than any of the freak combinations so often mentioned as marvelous alterations for man-stopping purposes. Lack of knowledge and actual experiance are the cause of advancing most of these fantastic theories regarding the great advantages supposed to be derived from the usually suggested freak alterations.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I like the Skimmer trigger, A LOT!! Jeff Wilson, the guy who owns the company is a friend and does great work, plus its all stock parts!!!!!!!! As far as sights, tey are again personal choice, I'm partial to standard 3 dot Meprolight.
    I stipple all my glocks, fairly rough on the front, back and outside grip panel, and lighter on the inside panel that rides up against my body. I dont use any extended mag releases, though I do lightly flute away a small funnel surroundign the standard mag release to make it easier to use. I tend to stay away from extended slide releases also, it makes the gun slightly slimmer on the slide that rides agaisnt my body, and honestly I never use the slide release unless I have a double feed (which in an untold thousands of rounds with tons of Glocks has been exactly twice)
    Biggest thing is meet up with some people and check out their set-ups, see what works for you and what doesnt. My one suggestion is to DO IT YOURSELF!!! you can install any trigger system without much trouble, the stippling is easy with a soldering iron (practice either on your Glock box or buy cheap AR15 rail cover panels) sights can be done, but having the pusher is easier than drifiting them on, plus most places you buy from will install they cheap (free)

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't have any experience with aftermarket triggers for Glocks. As for sights, I REALLY like the TruGlo TFOs for a carry gun. For competition, I like a simple set of Dawson's, plain black blade on the back, very skinny fiber optic up front.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Anybody have any experience with Ghost connectors? I'm thinking of either getting their 4.5 Ranger or 5lb tactical for one of my guns. I wasn't sure if the over-travel stop on the Tactical was worth getting or not. It'll still be used for carry and training, so i don't really want the 3.5 lb connector.

Mostly I just want to mess with the trigger and see if it really can be improved that much. I've always used the stock trigger in my duty weapons (and always will), but this is the first Glock I've had that is actually mine.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom