• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    For those that carry the 19 what's your favorite IWB holster? I'm looking at Alien Gear cloak. Looking for a balance of comfort and ease of quickly getting the gun into action

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    For those that carry the 19 what's your favorite IWB holster? I'm looking at Alien Gear cloak. Looking for a balance of comfort and ease of quickly getting the gun into action
    Fricke Arch Angel AIWB, fastest most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Unless you've got an aversion to AIWB, then it's useless!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The only question for a G19 is why haven't you got it yet! :) I use a mixture of Crossbreed supertuck, Galco Triton, and Raven Concealment holsters with mine, depending on the dress code.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Fricke Arch Angel AIWB, fastest most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Unless you've got an aversion to AIWB, then it's useless!

I'm not so much opposed to appendix carry but I have yet to find anything that's comfy for me. Either it jabs me in the lower groin or back up in my gut. Maybe I don't have the physique for it.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The only question for a G19 is why haven't you got it yet! :) I use a mixture of Crossbreed supertuck, Galco Triton, and Raven Concealment holsters with mine, depending on the dress code.

I bought one this past Sunday. Put in an ultimate connector and ran 200rds through it this morning. Ran like a champ. Sad to see my EDC P228 german go back in the safe but the 19 is lighter and it shot with ease.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I bought one this past Sunday. Put in an ultimate connector and ran 200rds through it this morning. Ran like a champ. Sad to see my EDC P228 german go back in the safe but the 19 is lighter and it shot with ease.

Did the same myself years ago, it's really hard to beat a G19 for most pistol work/needs. I think my crossbreed hides it the best but the raven is fantastic for an OWB setup. I carry between 3 and 4 o'clock.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Failures to eject, failures to extract, failures to fire(ammo maybe?). Mucho brass to face, would not function with TLR attached, but would with X300(?). Glock supposedly has refined the Gen4 since its inception, but I'll pass personally. Plus I HATE that mag release.

Sounds like you got a lemon. I'll don't know why anything attached to the rail would affect function. Pretty intriguing. I'll also concur with the ejection pattern being less than desirable, but that can be adjusted. I had some failures in the first 100 rounds, but mine has been really reliable. Winchester white box, Blazer brass, and my hand loads using the brass from both of those and she runs fine. I've never fired with my light attached, so that's something I need to do.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The best are the 19-3's IMHO...Still pinned and recessed but with many of the later updates.....Very nice, can't wear them out (with standard loads)and very classy...Can take a deer or a coyote with them as well as defend your home...

The Smith and Wesson Model 19 or "Combat Magnum"....Truly an excellent weapon....I love Model 19's........

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I love the Gen 4 mag release, but that's probably because I didn't have tons of Gen 3 time before switching. I still prefer Gen 4 overall.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI

I would get several holsters and try them out. I've had Ravens, Bravo Concealment, and recently trying out On Your 6 Design Holsters. For OWB, I've been using the more recent Safariland GLS holster

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have Vickers mag releases on all 3 different gens of my Glocks. My G19 gen 4 is my favorite and I've got no complaints after a couple of thousand rounds.

Bob

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sounds like you got a lemon. I'll don't know why anything attached to the rail would affect function. Pretty intriguing. I'll also concur with the ejection pattern being less than desirable, but that can be adjusted. I had some failures in the first 100 rounds, but mine has been really reliable. Winchester white box, Blazer brass, and my hand loads using the brass from both of those and she runs fine. I've never fired with my light attached, so that's something I need to do.
    Not a lemon, a well known problem with late Gen3 and early Gen 4 G's.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I own well over a baker's dozen Gen3 G19's, I owned exactly 1 Gen 4 (not counting a G43). I'll stick with what I know, and has been proven! YMMV?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Not a lemon, a well known problem with late Gen3 and early Gen 4 G's.

I think it was the 40cal mainly with the rail mounted light issue. My 9 and 45 both run good with or without a light both gen 4.

Yes brass to face was a known issue on late gen three and early fours. Easily fixed if there are still problem guns out there. Shouldnt be a deal breaker.

I wouldn't get a 40 cal.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If you are going to own just one Glock, it is hard to beat the 19, and I feel the Gen 4 with the enhanced features would be the best bang for your buck.
    That said, one Glock typically turns into more. I bought my first Glock in 1993, a Gen 2 G19. That has led to over 20 different Glocks and I currently own 9 with plans to buy more , provided Hitlary does not get her way.
    The Gen 4 has a good aftermarket following, so parts are not a problem. As said before, the .40 cals, primarily the Gen 3 G22 are plagued with reliability problems with attached lights. Mine was too. I took the light off and it is 100%. Know it's limitations and it's a great pistol and legal to deer hunt with this year.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think it was the 40cal mainly with the rail mounted light issue. My 9 and 45 both run good with or without a light both gen 4.

Yes brass to face was a known issue on late gen three and early fours. Easily fixed if there are still problem guns out there. Shouldnt be a deal breaker.

I wouldn't get a 40 cal.
    The 9's sucked too, but wasn't as big a deal because the major LE agencies hadn't yet dumped the .40.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would advise you to shoot one before you buy if you have shoot other guns or not. I grew up with a 1911 and can't hit the inside of a barn shooting a Glock from the inside of the barn. My son loves the gen2 19 as it fits his hand better than gen 3 or 4.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    I have a Gen 3 and had a Gen 4. The gen 4 is better for smaller hands, the grip is reduced compared to the gen 3. I removed my finger grounds and reduced my grip on my gen 3. More aftermarket parts for gen 3.

Top Bottom