• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I acquired a G24C in a trade. It did not have the factory glock barrel, but a lone wolf non ported type. I know they are designed not to let the casings expand, so the chambers a bit tight, but Im having a 20% FTF rate. Can i take a dremel to the feed ramp where it lips into the chamber? Are there any other solutions? Should I just get a new barrel? Should I try to re-neg on the trade? Any help would be much appreciated.
    -rob.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    are you shooting factory or reloads?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if the cases might have been expanded in a larger Glock barrel.

I'd PM m_deaner and get his opinion, as he competes with a G24.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    something else that just came to mind. Take the barrel out and drop a bunch of rounds in the barrel and see if they are sticking. Then you will know if it's the barrel.

I'm also wondering if you might need a more powerful or newer recoil spring.

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    take the gun to the indy 1500 gun & knife show, look up the glock doc nick i'm sure he can take care of any issues you might have.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Im using factory reloads, and they dont stick.

They are getting stuck diagonally rignt at the first part of the feeding. I started working the barrel down to match the fillets on the glock barrel, its getting better. Pics soon.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've read the some after market barrels may need to be touched up. I've been breaking on the Storm Lake barrel on my G35 and have had a couple of FTF's out of about 500 rounds so far. Little tweaking may be needed, but we'll see, ran just fine in my first match.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    here are my terrible phone camera pictures.
    I didnt take a before picture, but this is after the first attempt. Before i started, the edge was darn near a 90 degree edge.

The area around A is where the edge of the casing was catching while the cartridge was being chambered. I ground this down to about a 2 mm fillet, and the FTF's were cut in half.
    Part B, the edge of the feed ramp, and the blue areas directly outside of B were keeping the cartridge at too sharp of an angle, causing it to lodge itself into the chamber, like a limousine taking a sharp corner. rounded this down a bit, and the cartridge slipped right in. Back to 100%, with 0 FTF's.
    I then polished up the breech face, and the tiny edge opposite the extractor that was biting the edges of my cases as they were being chambered.

While sacrificing a TINY bit, but still far less support than the glocks barrels sacrifice, I think I've managed to fix this problem.
    Not going to lie here, Im a bit big headed right now considering the fact that I didn't know what was causing the problem, was able to diagnose, and fix it. This is my first time ever taking a grider to a firearm, besides the time I thought it would be a good idea to polish the finish off my last glock. :nuts:
    11jn5ns.jpg

And here she is after It was all said and done. I can't decide weather I want to put my trijicon red dot on this or leave it alone with the factory sights.
    j8z4wj.jpg

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I encountered this issue with a G-35 and KKM barrel. The problem is as you suggested above - the chamber-face was not chamfered, so the top edge of the shell casing would sometimes get hung up as new rounds were chambered.

I fixed this by getting some emory cloth and rounding out the top of the chamber. I worked slowly, and did not use a dremel. I cleaned the barrel thoroughly after done; the emory cloth will leave bits of sand in the bore, and for obvious reasons, you should get those out of there before you shoot again.

After modifying the barrel I also added more crimp to my reloads, and I haven't had a problem since. I actually don't think my G-35 has jammed since last July, when I fixed this issue.

Top Bottom