• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'm thinking about picking up a Glock 26 for the wife to shoot and carry. I have also heard that Glock chambers are "un-supported" and puts a bulge in the brass by the head. I shoot Sigs and have never seen this happen and since i'll be reloading this brass, I don't want to have to deal with this gun's chamber ruining it. Anyone have any experience with this condition? I think they make a die to take the bulge out, but that's just one more step in the reloading process I really don't care to do.

I would like to get a Glock to try them out, this would be my first one and I like the 26...

Quit worrying about nonsense...

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    Just for reference here are some pics of my g23 chamber/feed ramp. I'll be going to my Dad's tomorrow and I'll snap some pics of his to compare.

As far as the question in the OP, I wouldn't worry about it as I haven't heard of the bulge occurring in the 9mm glocks

DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I've shot thousands of rounds thru my 26 and 19, without the first case problem.

The 26 is a sweet EDC.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have a 3rd generation 23 and I've read on the all knowing internet that in the 3rd generation they changed the chamber to offer full support (we sound like we are talking about bra's).

The 3rd gens do have more support then the previous generations. They still aren't fully supported. Also, as has been mentioned, glock chambers are oversized as well. I'm curious if there were any changes in the chamber design in the 4th gens.

Top Bottom