• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was looking at getting a Glock G26 soon and was wondering if it would be a good gun for my purposes?

My uses are as a CCW and as a range gun up to 25yds

1. First off what is the difference between a gen 3 or 4?
    2. Can it be accurate at 25yd with a .22lr slide?
    3. Would it be a good gun to carry on a pair of basketball shorts(thickness of gun) or would a single stack be better?
    4. I have small hands and the then fits great but would a bigger gun be better at the range and as the carry pistol?
    5. Lastly is $486 a good price for a new one?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was looking at getting a Glock G26 soon and was wondering if it would be a good gun for my purposes?

1. First off what is the difference between a gen 3 or 4? interchangable backstraps, different grip texture, recoil spring
    2. Can it be accurate at 25yd with a .22lr slide? yes
    3. Would it be a good gun to carry on a pair of basketball shorts(thickness of gun) or would a single stack be better? IMO no, but I wouldn't carry anything other than a pocket gun (Kel tec p3at or p32 or something of that nature in bball shorts) because of the weight.
    4. I have small hands and the then fits great but would a bigger gun be better at the range and as the carry pistol? I think you're trying to ask if a bigger gun with a longer sight radius is going to be better for target practice? There are two answers, the first one is yes, because the sight radius is bigger, thus easier to accurately aim. The second is, IMO, the g26 is a good gun, but I would rather have the added capacity of the G19 that would have better sight radius. The biggest thing for me when considering a carry gun is not the height or length of the gun, but the thickness. The G19 is a little taller and a little longer, but the same width. Since that is my most important consideration, I take them as equal and pick the one with better sights and capacity.
    5. Lastly is $486 a good price for a new one? YES!!!
    :twocents:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love the versatility of my G27 which is the 40 cal version of the 26.

I agree with Greg that I think it's too thick and heavy for the basketball shorts. Maybe a single stack is better. I have found that I carry my pocket guns a lot more frequently than the G27 at times because of their lighter weight and ease of concealment.

The nice think about the G26 is it will be a lot more comfortable to practice with at the range than the pocket guns and you can change out the mags to fit the situation and whatever is more comfortable for you shooting it.

picture.php

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I will start by saying that I am the furthest thing from a fan of Glocks. That said, I came into a 3rd Gen G26 a while back, and it has yet to not impress me. I have fairly large hands, and with the +2 mag extension, it is not uncomfortable to me. It is accurate at self defense ranges, and with a little practice, I have been able to hold respectable results out to 25 yards with it. As far as size, it is very close to the same size as my 3 1/2" 1911, but much lighter. I cant comment on carry with BB shorts, as I dont wear them outside my house, but it is compact enough that it can be carried comfortably with most street clothes.
    As far as price, it sounds like you have found a good deal.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Ive tried alot of different firearms and always go back to the Glock. Especially the G19 & G26 (my favorites). Now not everyone is a Glock fan and thats fine, its what fits me, and they work. Not a big fan of the 4th gen. But that again is personal preference. In my opinion they are to heavy to carry in BB shorts.

You could always try the Smart Carry Holster, I have never used one but it may work with BB shorts?? :dunno:
    Link:SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

My hands arent very big either and I have no issues-I like the fact that I can use my G19 mags with the G26 if needed.
    Price wise: :yesway:

Good luck!
    Here are a couple YouTube videos with the G26-
    Its a shooter and this guy does some good videos!
    Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPvMJcmpVsQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TlUO7flMCk&feature=relmfu

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    HTML:
    First off what is the difference between a gen 3 or 4? interchangable backstraps, different grip texture, recoil spring

Also 4th comes with 3 mags instead of 2.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    First off what is the difference between a gen 3 or 4? interchangable backstraps, different grip texture, recoil spring

Recoil springs are the same on Gen 3 and Gen 4 subcompacts (26/27, etc) aren't they? I know the other model Gen 4's have the double spring, but Gen 3 26/27's already had the double/dual spring setup.

I love my 27, and would not hesitate to pick up a 26.

As far as Gen 3 vs Gen 4 on the 26, handle the different texture and see which you like better. I would think the Gen 4 texture might be a bit abrasive if you carried IWB without a shirt between you and the gun.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles

1. First off what is the difference between a gen 3 or 4?
    2. Can it be accurate at 25yd with a .22lr slide?
    3. Would it be a good gun to carry on a pair of basketball shorts(thickness of gun) or would a single stack be better?
    4. I have small hands and the then fits great but would a bigger gun be better at the range and as the carry pistol?
    5. Lastly is $486 a good price for a new one?

1. I'm not really qualified to answer. I have a Gen 3 G26, though.
    2. Not sure, I don't have a 22lr slide for it.
    3. It's too heavy for basketball shorts. The thickness of the G26 also makes it a little more challenging to conceal. A good holster (Crossbreed) will help in that area.
    4. I just shot 450 rounds through mine last weekend at ACT's Defensive Pistol 201 class without any problems.
    5. That is a good price. You probably won't find it much cheaper.

Top Bottom