• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Not sure why folks want to keep running 'low' power or 'underpower' ammo, unless that's what they intend to carry. :scratch:

Pretty sure at this point everyone knows that many semi-autos are ammo 'sensitive'. Likely more so for lower-powered calibers. Add in lower power ammo, and there's an almost sure-fire combination for 'issues'.

Oh, and stop limp-wristing... :p :lmfao:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How do you get a new gun and only put 10 rounds through it? Especially if 1 is a malfunction. That would make me shoot it more to see if it runs properly.

Was the mag loaded to capacity and 1 in the spout? Sometimes new mags can be pretty stiff and the first shot can hang up due to the other rounds pushing on it so hard and cause an extraction issue. 1 in 10 is not good, but it is a very small sample size. Shoot it... alot, and run it with all the mags you have, etc. If it continues to go 10% failure rate then definitely call Glock.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Had a Walther PK380 that would choke on WWB and Federal. CCI blazer was ok. Ran good on Remington UMC (green box) and PPU. The gun was tip top when loaded with Federal Tactical 90 grain HydraShok. So gun was definitey ammo sensitive. Had a PPK/PPKs that was the same way. Both are now gone.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Had a Walther PK380 that would choke on WWB and Federal. CCI blazer was ok. Ran good on Remington UMC (green box) and PPU. The gun was tip top when loaded with Federal Tactical 90 grain HydraShok. So gun was definitey ammo sensitive. Had a PPK/PPKs that was the same way. Both are now gone.

Thats so strange because I have a Walther PK380 too and I've ran thousands of rounds through it with out a single hiccup. Mostly that same WWB ammo and even the federal cheap stuff. IT has never once jammed. I use it as a backup gun, since I trust it fully.

That kind of adds credence to your previous post about tiny guns being quirky. Really it's too early to judge the glock now. It's simply the fact that it jammed on the very first round, and thats kind of sad. I've owned many many different handguns in my life and i've never had one jam on the very first round.

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I would just suggest trading it in for a Ruger LCP if you wan to shoot a dependable .380s.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe it's an Indiana State Police Gun!!!

Seriously though what could have happened and I have seen it when running ranges on Beretta 92 Vertec DAO's with several female shooters (not being sexist they were females and qualifying) they had the thumb over thumb hold with a death grip (somehow the new guns were somewhat scary to them) and the thumb pressure alone agianst the slide kept the slide from cycling back all the way. Factor in that the Glock 42 is a tiny gun and you had massive gloves on that scenario is quite possible. I would run a couple mags through without gloves on and see if you can get the malfunction to duplicate its self.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    I would just suggest trading it in for a Ruger LCP if you wan to shoot a dependable .380s.

The RUGER LCP is NOT a dependable .380. The LC9S is thee only RUGER subcompact that could be categorized as dependable, from my experience.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The RUGER LCP is NOT a dependable .380. The LC9S is thee only RUGER subcompact that could be categorized as dependable, from my experience.

I own both a g42 and LCP. I would categorize the LCP as dependable. Not accurate, but dependable.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I appreciate the offer. Pm me the next time you go to see if I can meet. Thanks.
    Will do, but I will add this disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for your loss of $$ afterwards when you feel the urge to buy one. I succumbed to the same offer here. After shooting it I HAD to have one. They are sweet little guns.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I'm waiting for Glock to create a 42 sized firearm chambered in 9mm. They would sell those right and left as they have with the 42. Only reason that I haven't got one is that I have a lcp that is easier to carry.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My G42 has done fine with mostly BLazer and WWB. Mine doesn't like Fiochi at all, with ftf every mag. It also doesn't like lead-free rounds.

One thing is for certain, though. It will do what yours did when limp wristed. I've let others who are new to guns shoot it, and it has done it when they've limp wristed. I'll admit I've done it, too. Little guns don't respond well when limp wristed. In fact, most Glocks don't do well with that, either. Checkout what Military Arms Channel has shown on that.

I am in no way suggesting you did that, though. New guns can do that, too. That is one reason why it is suggested to put a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in and make sure it is reliable before carrying it. I put 300 through mine before carrying. I carry Remington Ultimate Defense. It eats that stuff like bacon.

Of course, it could have been a weak round, too.

Enjoy the gun! Mine has become one of my very favorites to shoot!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My brother has one, and I know you have to hold on tight or it FTE. It did it to everyone who shot it until they had a firm grip on it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My brother has one, and I know you have to hold on tight or it FTE. It did it to everyone who shot it until they had a firm grip on it.

Little autos present some interesting design issues. All Of Them! 1) they are light and give little slide mass. This often means a relatively heavy recoil spring is needed. 2) They are short. So that mag spring better be Johnny on the Spot in getting a fresh cartridge up there. Also not as much rearward slide travel for ejection. 3) short grip means less to hold onto and potentially more flip. Everything in the gun world is a give a take.

Top Bottom