• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I'm with you guys, not a Gaga fan, but I thought the performance was one of the best I've seen for a Super Bowl. Yea, there were a few subtle jabs carefully mixed in but it didn't take away from the entertainment value of the performance. She definitely went up in value in my book; a good show.

Personally, I knew "This Land Is Your Land" was a protest song but intermixed with a patriotic theme I thought was tasteful.

Now the Libs are all turning on her for the miss opportunity:
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=gaga+missed+opportunity

When will they ever realize that not every single performance needs to be a freakin' political forum. If I paid to go to a concert and had to listen to some performer drivel on I'd leave and never return. Probably why I don't go to concerts ...

EDIT: This along with the comments are probably my favorite... :)
    ?She?s Supporting Fascism!? Fury at Lady Gaga For Not Taking on Trump At Super Bowl ? USSA News | The Tea Party's Front Page

Mike

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also, as expected... Left Media going after her for not taking advantage of the platform:

C3_Qu0BWYAAaeMI.jpg:small

I'm with you guys, not a Gaga fan, but I thought the performance was one of the best I've seen for a Super Bowl. Yea, there were a few subtle jabs carefully mixed in but it didn't take away from the entertainment value of the performance. She definitely went up in value in my book; a good show.

Personally, I knew "This Land Is Your Land" was a protest song but intermixed with a patriotic theme I thought was tasteful.

When will they ever realize that not every single performance needs to be a freakin' political forum. If I paid to go to a concert and had to listen to some performer drivel on I'd leave and never return. Probably why I don't go to concerts ...

?She?s Supporting Fascism!? Fury at Lady Gaga For Not Taking on Trump At Super Bowl ? USSA News | The Tea Party's Front Page

Mike

I've come to the conclusion that "the left" consists of the most miserably unhappy people in the world. They're not happy unless they're unhappy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Mike

Yep, called it last night.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just fond out all the lights behind her at the very start were all drones, 300 of them...that was pretty amazing.

Just heard that as well... pretty cool.

I've always thought she was a good talent that had bad judgment - as creative types often do.

She was smart, though. She did make political statements, just not the overt ones people were expecting. The soliloquy at the beginning was a shot at Trump's divisiveness. And the "Bad Romance" (lyrically referencing drama and revenge) and "Born this Way" pro-LGBQRSTLMNOP anthem? It was a good performance, and more than a little subversive from her perspective after the election.

And she's talented as heck.

Agreed, and I'm not very familiar with her stuff, but isn't "Born this Way" one of her songs in her portfolio/library? If so, and she included it, seems reasonable.

She did a great job, and I think my words to my wife were, "I'm not overly familiar with her stuff, but have seen her perform on TV (SNL, etc), and she has way more talent than Madonna ever thought of having". I think she will have similar longevity if she wants it as well.

And agree with Phylo, she did a great job.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's sad that we've come to the point someone can't make a musical performance without being criticized for omitting an overt political statement. Let her talent speak for itself. I still hate the music, but she rocks it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's sad that we've come to the point someone can't make a musical performance without being criticized for omitting an overt political statement. Let her talent speak for itself. I still hate the music, but she rocks it.

Yes, it is and yes, she does.

Thing is, she/they put themselves in this by running mouths full of what they consider "Wisdom"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    True that. Maybe she has taken a step toward sanity?

Have you ever considered that the left is embarking on a "real Americans resist Trump campaign"?

I'm not saying the halftime show was planned that way, but don't assume surface patriotism is an effort to unite. I believe that the next phase of "resistance" will be dressed in red, white and blue.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know how many of y'all have ever worked at height. Standing on the roof of a stadium and relying upon 2 cables ... all the while singing and performing a bit of acrobatics... well, that's some mighty big stones. I'm not a Gaga fan, but THAT was impressive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know how many of y'all have ever worked at height. Standing on the roof of a stadium and relying upon 2 cables ... all the while singing and performing a bit of acrobatics... well, that's some mighty big stones. I'm not a Gaga fan, but THAT was impressive.
    I'm pretty sure her ACTUALLY being on the roof was CG/staged/pre-filmed.

Now, her drop from the inside roof of the building by those 2 cables is still impressive. Just not what it was made to look like.

Of course, open to confirmation from elsewhere of how it happened.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Some of the drop was pre-recorded, but apparently she completed the whole drop, pre-recorded or not. That was 260 feet. On cables. Pretty impressive stunt that I doubt many would be willing to attempt.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Have you ever considered that the left is embarking on a "real Americans resist Trump campaign"?

I'm not saying the halftime show was planned that way, but don't assume surface patriotism is an effort to unite. I believe that the next phase of "resistance" will be dressed in red, white and blue.

I just said perhaps :dunno:

Your explanation is very plausible as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So people on the left are mad she didn't make a political statement, and people on the right are mad that she might have hidden a political message in her performance. Yep, that's the bizarro land which we now live.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So people on the left are mad she didn't make a political statement, and people on the right are mad that she might have hidden a political message in her performance. Yep, that's the bizarro land which we now live.

Pretty much. It was a great performance. We can leave it at that.

Top Bottom