• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought a 1943 SA m1 garand (sn 1.56 mil) that appears to be in good shape. I live in the corner of Carmel, westfield, Zionsville and have recently converted from an amateur history guy to a gun guy. I have officially caught the bug and have read everything I can get my hands on since purchasing it. For safety sake, however, I will never have complete confidence in "book knowlege" alone and I don't know what I don't know. From what I understand I need to have someone check the head space, mw and generally have someone look at it that can confidently say it is ready and safe to shoot. Any other information or hands on training I could absorb would be icing on the cake. Any direction would be appreciated...referral to gunsmith or just an enthusiast wanting an excuse to handle another M1, all advice welcome.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I have everything you need (Garand headspace gauges, ME gauge, TE gauge, tech. books) and would be happy to do it for you free of charge.

Send me an email and we will work it out.

P.S. Welcome to the sight and to the wonderful world of the "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30 M1" !!!

Heck, everyone needs and M1, even elvis had an M1!!!

elvis20army2043.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom