• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Lot of things seem rushed. Like leaving a cup of Starbucks on camera.

D53V0Y3V4AAZGSA.jpg:small

I can see it now
    the director "what idiot left a starbucks cup in the shot?"
    someone one from the stage crew picks it up and says "a cup has no name!"

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I can see it now
    the director "what idiot left a starbucks cup in the shot?"
    someone one from the stage crew picks it up and says "a cup has no name!"

Funny you should say that, if you went back to rewatch that scene, HBO edited the cup out... virtually vanished

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Big battle coming tonight. Then pick up the pieces and finalize the series next week.

I'm avoiding spoilers, so I don't know what the leaked ending is. But I'm increasingly disappointed in this season. Dany's actions were absurd. (The only plausible explanation is that her "coin" fell on the same side as her father's, and she's mad. But even that represents an absurdly rushed character-development arc.) Also, an hour and a half episode where the battle is won in the first 45 minutes and the second 45 minutes are nothing more than gratuitous "burn them all" scenes through King's Landing? Kind of "phoned in", IMO.

The Hound and the Mountain had an appropriate culmination, but Jamie and Cersei didn't deserve the romanticized ending that they got.

After Dany's temper tantrum, is there even still an Iron Throne for anyone to sit on?

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I'm avoiding spoilers, so I don't know what the leaked ending is. But I'm increasingly disappointed in this season. Dany's actions were absurd. (The only plausible explanation is that her "coin" fell on the same side as her father's, and she's mad. But even that represents an absurdly rushed character-development arc.) Also, an hour and a half episode where the battle is won in the first 45 minutes and the second 45 minutes are nothing more than gratuitous "burn them all" scenes through King's Landing? Kind of "phoned in", IMO.

The Hound and the Mountain had an appropriate culmination, but Jamie and Cersei didn't deserve the romanticized ending that they got.

After Dany's temper tantrum, is there even still an Iron Throne for anyone to sit on?

I'm with you on the disappointment. This show spent 7 seasons building characters, plot lines, prophecies and so on, and for some reason (I can only assume because they no longer have GRRM to copy from) they've decided to take a big steaming dump on all of that for season 8. Nobody's decisions, including the writers' and producers', make any sense. The hound/mountain scene was the only thing worthwhile in this past episode.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    kurt sutter (sons of anarchy) "I'm going to write the worst final season in tv history!"

DB Weiss and David Benioff … "hold our beers!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looks like all the spoilers that came out were accurate.

Ending is out there, for anyone interested.

Yeah, I saw them too... and they are accurate so far, BUT if it follows through with who they say will sit on the iron throne, in really going to be pissed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Honestly, Dany has been that person all along. Someone else pointed out that whenever she thought about going off the deep end, someone would temper her fury. She doesn't have that now because Jon Snow is "whipped."

...but to be fair, Emilia Clarke can do it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Typical woman... going nuts and killing everyone when her boyfriend breaks up with her.

Can't wait to see the spicy feminist takes on this season

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Typical woman... going nuts and killing everyone when her boyfriend breaks up with her.

Can't wait to see the spicy feminist takes on this season

I don't believe that this rampage was over Jon at all.

What was Missandei's last word..?

"Drakaris."

I think that once the ballistas that could kill the dragon were destroyed and the walls breached, the city capitulated. When Daenerys was confronted with this it was simply too easy. She wanted to vent her rage at losing Missandei, a totally helpless and innocent person who depended upon Daenerys for protection, and Daenerys failed her. Her rage was over her own lack of ability to save Missandei along with Cersei's callous beheading of her dearest friend.

This is why I don't think Jon factors in at all. She was full of boiling rage and it all ended too easily, and she wasn't able to accept that. And King's Landing suffered dearly for who (Cersei) sat on the Iron Throne.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom