• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ok, I admit I live a rather simple life. Last time I was into gaming was when tbe PS2 came out. Never played on an Xbox. I bought the 500GB Xbox One today mainly for my kids. I bought the physical game of Minecraft and Star Wars Battlefront. I'm used to plug and play. You know, you want to play a game so you pop it in the console and start playing. Questions I have now are 1) if I have the physical copy of the game and have already downloaded it to the console, do I have to put in that disc in order to play that game? 2) If I'm lazy and don't want to go to gamestop to buy Mortal Kombat, can I download the digital off from the store and play it anytime I want? If that's the case then what's the point of even selling physical copies of the games?

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    1. You still have to put the disc in to play the game otherwise people would just rent the game and install it. I don't know all the reasons why they went with mandatory install of games but I think it is mostly to help speed up load times.

2. You can play a download anytime you want. The reason they still sell physical copies is because people still want them. I remember hearing when Minecraft originally came out on console it was download only but people complained cause they wanted a physical copy so they made it.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ^What he said. The installations from physical media (not downloads) are for faster game responses. There are so much date now that optical reading can not keep up with the processes.

If you have downloaded the downloadable version of the game to the console, you can play directly from the console without using the physical media. Console games have their own online stores now and you can buy any games available there and play.

Even PC games are like that for awhile now. No more physical disc required.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom