• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The fact remains that Gander Outdoor is one of the few retailers that is choosing to stock a full range of firearm types and accessories and for that I welcome them to Fort Wayne where our options are limited.

We have some outstanding local gun stores in our area and that will always be my first choice to purchase but it’s nice to have a back up for in stock items, ammo etc.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stopped in at the Castleton store today and the ammo shelves were well stocked. They had a very large selection of holsters and guns seemed to be priced reasonably.

Me being the big spender that I am, I bought a couple hundred rounds of steel cased 9 mm. I will likely be back.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    The Gander Outdoors here in Fort Wayne has been open for a cpl months now, it's not too bad, it is cheaper than Gander Mountain was for sure

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The owner is a dick.

He is 100% against people like us, except when it comes to taking our money.

Don't be a Richard and give it to him.

Ever.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If you can't find the same prices elsewhere you are not very resourceful or you are lazy. If you don't care about supporting a parent company which doesn't support American values cherished my most gunowners than you are foolish. The fight for gun rights will be going on for the rest of your life if you are 15 or 75, putting money in the pockets of those who are against the cause will just make the fight tougher for those who choose to fight in the future. Be smug all you want about shopping in the new shiny store but your actions will come back to bite you or family members at some time in the future.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    If you can't find the same prices elsewhere you are not very resourceful or you are lazy. If you don't care about supporting a parent company which doesn't support American values cherished my most gunowners than you are foolish. The fight for gun rights will be going on for the rest of your life if you are 15 or 75, putting money in the pockets of those who are against the cause will just make the fight tougher for those who choose to fight in the future. Be smug all you want about shopping in the new shiny store but your actions will come back to bite you or family members at some time in the future.

I won't shop at Dicks, Field & Stream or Golf Galaxy either.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My only concern is that the store seems to have very little traffic so far and I’m wondering if people are willing to give them a second chance.

I won't.
    If they re-opened the Lafayette store with Big Lots prices I would STILL shop elsewhere.
    I have no use for companies that have no use for me, aside from taking my money.
    I will gladly spend more to support someone who supports my values.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I won't.
    If they re-opened the Lafayette store with Big Lots prices I would STILL shop elsewhere.
    I have no use for companies that have no use for me, aside from taking my money.
    I will gladly spend more to support someone who supports my values.

AGREED, Ganders CEO, Dislikes the 2nd Amendment but Gladly would take Our $$'s :rolleyes:

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Unaware of ownership when I posted, agree with you guys, actions have consequences, and I’ll stick with my fellow gun owners on this one, I guess it would be crazy to boycott Dick’s and continue to shop Gander. Thanks for the schooling INGO. Lemonis in fairness did respond to his comments, http://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/25/camping-world-ceo-lemonis-apologizes-for-charlottesville-remarks.html. No friend of the second amendment, maybe, I have been looking and I have not been able to find a statement by him directly attacking the 2A, I have found a lot about how he thinks Gander was totally stupid in how they came to market with firearms and he's 100% correct, I do not see anything where he has suggested NOT selling guns or eliminating a TYPE of gun from inventory. I will do a bit more research and inform myself with the help of INGO and the internet. I don't get the feeling that Gander is in the same boat as Dick's but I'm not convinced that they are not on the same body of water.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When the Gander Mountain first opened in Lafayette they advertised with great fanfare.
    Radio spots said if you were one of the first... in line on opening day, you would receive a free gift card.

I went early and was still WAY back in line.
    Minutes before the doors opened a man and woman went down through the line and started handing out gift cards.
    I was the last person in line to receive a card. It was worth a WHOPPING $10.

I went in and spent an hour wandering through the crowd and left without making a purchase.
    Even WITH the $10 card, I didn't want to spend that kind of money for items I could get elsewhere in town for less.

So, I had a not-so-good experience at Gander Mountain on opening day.
    I was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    i hope to check it out soon. The old days when i was bored i'd go walk around in there, then leave shaking my head. $50 for a shirt? Insane prices on shoes. I dont understand how they even ran that business as long as they did. Everyone i know would go there to handle guns and see which one they would like, the leave and buy it somewhere else.

Top Bottom