• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Expect higher prices. The big fancy buildings cost more so they have to mark that stuff up more.

At least thats what the owner of PSS apparently tells his customers now when they dont like his higher prices at the new store. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was really disappointed with the new place. Nicer and does not smell as bad but the prices are nothing like what had me buying several guns there.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    "Since I retired" I hit a lot of local gun shops, super stores, garage sales, etc.
    I mostly look.
    I have bought a few new and used guns from GM.
    There are times you can get good prices on guns and accessories.
    I think the biggest reason I don't buy more guns from them is the length of time it takes to complete a 4473.
    Last gun I bought there took over 40 minutes to go through their "computer" and store approval process of calling over the manager over, his signing off the papers, and just the corporate BS they have.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree Harry. I went in a couple years ago MAYBE looking for a Mossberg 930 auto. All they had were camo, no blued. I was disappointed. Then I saw a Stoeger Condor O/U for $399. She wasnt pretty but I couldnt resist that price for a O/U.

There are deals to be had. But you REALLY gotta look.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I bought a Mannlicher-style Ruger 10/22 from them recently because I could not get a better deal anywhere else that I could find.

Their website said it has a fiber-optic front site. Nope, gold dot.

Complained to their web site, not even a courtesy reply.

Went to a different store while I was in NC, they were pretty lame there too. Doubt I will return.

Cabelas is a better store and they have friendlier folks that seem more competent.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    the GM here in Ft Wayne, sucks A$$ , they do know what service is ,and how to treat you, the last time I was in there I twirled a rifle like it was a baton trying to get someone t help me with it, no one came over to see what I was doing.....I was gonna buy the darn thing just for the sights on it......and at last I must give them credit where credit is due, one of there gun guys asked me what kinda .22 I shoot as I was picking up some RWS they had , I stated ANSCHUTZ , he asked, why I shoot an "off brand" rifle and not something nicer like a ruger 10/22

Aaron

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom